Managing Favorites Lists

toucan-man

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Wisconsin
So, is it possible to have a "keep favorites, delete all the rest" function? Am I the only one who would use it? I like to purge all the duplicate and useless channels that start to accumulate after doing a bunch of blind scans. Everything I want to save is always added as a favorite.

Have you anything different in the works that would make this "keep favorites" approach unnecessary?

Last edited by a moderator:
So, is it possible to have a "keep favorites, delete all the rest" function? Am I the only one who would use it? I like to purge all the duplicate and useless channels that start to accumulate after doing a bunch of blind scans. Everything I want to save is always added as a favorite.

Have you anything different in the works that would make this "keep favorites" approach unnecessary?

Had never considered a delete all except favorites. Could research, but your usage of the Favorites lists is very unique.

This is a perfect use for the PC editor. Sort the channel list by favorite, delete non-favorite channels and reload.

Now I'm curious, how do people typically use their favorites? I put all channels I intend to keep long term in the first Favorites list. The temporary feeds never go there.

I've never used an external editor, am really just a remote control jockey. I like removing the dead stuff and the repetitive stuff from past blind scans, I really don't need multiple instances of channels I'll never watch (or already have saved in my favorites.)

One trick I use that does nearly the same is to go thru the TP list and delete any that don't have signal lock. It kills all the one time channels simultaneously.

I want to kill off everything I don't want saved all an once. This includes the temporary stuff, as well as the duplicates.

What I asked for is apparently is not a much wanted feature :D. So could I maybe at least get a way to select all but my favorited channels in the channel manager? So I can end up with a screen like this:

channel-manager.jpg

From there I can nuke 'em.

Notice how LPB channels repeat. I don't need multiple LPB or anything else that continually scans in.

You will not have duplicates if the TP list is correct. I suspect that there are two TPs scanned for any channel that duplicates during a scan. These TPs will be very close in the parameters. This could be happening if multiple Blind scans are performed on an LNBF with a drifting LO frequency.

Back to the original request....

To delete all but a few channels: Select "Delete All". Confirm the OK to Delete, but instead of exiting, select Delete and deselect the channels that you wish to save. Exit and save changes.

That's a vintage Primestar dish with the separate V and H connections. That dish will be retired shortly, and drift off to sleep.

Will try the transponder trick.

Danke.

You will not have duplicates if the TP list is correct. I suspect that there are two TPs scanned for any channel that duplicates during a scan. These TPs will be very close in the parameters. This could be happening if multiple Blind scans are performed on an LNBF with a drifting LO frequency.
Seems that if I "skip" these duplicates, the problem disappears. Now I always have a tidy small list of new stuff to look through after a multi-satellite blind scan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)