Map problems DSR 920

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rrob311

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
New England
I finally setup my dish on an actuator yesterday and was able to program in a few birds with my dsr 920. It was working fine last night on C3. I turn the receiver on tonight and it seems most of my satellites are missing. In the program satellites menu it only shows 9 satellites. N6, P9 W6 W9 S2 T4 X4 AI and M3. My unit ID is intact and the clock is fine. Not sure what the matter is but everything was fine last night before I shut everything off. Has anyone run into this before? The receiver was unplugged all night. It has a new battery.

Sounds like corruption to me. I had something like this happen awhile ago. One day all was working fine and then I only had a partial tile set that would still lock on some VC2 channels.

The fix for me was a master reset and then use the 9_New Motorola Maps.txt on my nvram. I used the nvram after I did the master reset. Since I did this, things have been working well.

Cool sounds like I will have to reload. The receiver was only getting a signal from C3 but I turned it off completely at like 11pm. I just need to figure out how to save my motor settings for the few satellites I have left. Should I just write down the numbers? or do I have to redo the settings? I would like to avoid corruption if at all possible.

Dump the nvram before doing the master reset. From the nvram save the combined maps. It will contain all the sat positions. Use notepad or notepad++ to open the combined maps to see these numbers. If you do it just right, the east and west limits will match or be close. Then you can quickly find the other sats by using known DCIi channels or a FTA ird.

I would dump out the bin as it may still have the info in it someplace.
You mention you only programmed in a few satellites. If you use the sat position document you can keep track of the position numbers that way so you know what is where on your system.
I would start over from scratch by deleting what is in there now and then adding the new maps.

Before doing a master reset make sure you write down your east/west limits and the current setting as those can be redone easily.
If you need help let me know.

I wrote down the positions of the sats I had programmed. 58, 72, 83, 87. I also programmed in 78w using the 137w tile. I am not sure if this may have caused it. If it did I will need to somehow make a 78w tile because it is part of my arc. I am mainly using the receiver as a positioner for my dvb-s2 receiver. Should I make new tiles or can I use tiles not in my arc (anything past 131w) I don't have the signal going into the DSR. I mainly want to setup the positioning so I can use it as a dish mover.

as long as you know where things are it makes no difference where a sat tile is at.
when redoing the maps the location is a 4 digit number in the SIT line:
see this one below....

SIT 004-X4,105.0,4751,P6

the 4751 in the case above is the dish position number.
that can be manually changed for any sat tile you know the position of and want to keep it the same.

What you do is load in the bin do a display combined map , save as a text file.
go in that text file and make the changes... save it...
then using MM load in the bin file and go to maps load master maps and reload in that text file you made the changes to.
save as a new bin and you should be ready to go.

Thanks again Vendig I decided to use this DSR-920 as my primary positioner and I loaded the new 920 maps from the google site. My only question is does this map release enable the guide if I subscribe?

Thanks again Vendig I decided to use this DSR-920 as my primary positioner and I loaded the new 920 maps from the google site. My only question is does this map release enable the guide if I subscribe?

If you have a sub then they (HITS) will or should turn on your guide bit for you.

The maps have the guide numbers in it and that is different then the guide bit that needs to be turned on by subbing to something.
So with the guide numbers already in the maps whenever one subs to programming they have their guide bit turned on then they can see all that info that was placed into the maps and have the greatest benefit out of the new mappings.

I also programmed in 78w using the 137w tile. I am not sure if this may have caused it. If it did I will need to somehow make a 78w tile because it is part of my arc. I am mainly using the receiver as a positioner for my dvb-s2 receiver. Should I make new tiles or can I use tiles not in my arc (anything past 131w) I don't have the signal going into the DSR. I mainly want to setup the positioning so I can use it as a dish mover.

remember doing it this way you do not move the dish while doing this or your settings will be off on everything when your done.

If you want to make a new sat tile for 78 w then start by dumping out your nvram from the receiver.

then in the map restoration program, do the following...

1) go to maps and load that nvram you just dumped out of the receiver.

2) click on "Maps" then "Display combined maps" save as text file.

3) add this in the text file at the very bottom of it...

;
SIT 106-78,078.0,5000,U4,C,-060,V,0030,H,2,10,c0,00,0001;
106-78,00001,0,1,1,0,00000,001,00000,0,80,V,1430000,0,1,1,0,0,6.80,6.80,NTSC,10,106
106-78,00002,0,1,1,0,04005,002,00000,0,80,H,1410000,0,1,1,0,0,6.80,6.80,NTSC,10,106
;

make sure you add both of the semi-colon marks one above and one below leaving no blank lines between the last line in the maps and what your adding.

4) save this text file.

5) click on "Maps" then "load master maps" and the text file you just save... load it back in and create a new bin.

6) send the new bin... (nvram) back to the receiver....

after you finish all this and exit out of everything and turn back on the 4d....
it should come back up where you dumped out the nvram from....
go to options> 6>4>4 and under program sats you will see a new sat tile called "78"
you just created a new (C-band ) sat tile for 78.0W.
it will have 2 transponders in it channel 1 and channel 2... 1 is vertical polarity and channel 2 is Horizontal polarity.

Sorry it took so long to answer, I just now saw this post you made.

Any questions ask.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts