Media General Stations Removed from DISH, Agreement Reached

As a note about locals and disputes, Direct TV just lost several locals also. But one of the reasons is very likely going to come up for DISH too. They want even more money if their channel is available over the internet with Direct.

Heard an ad on the radio today that urged customers to drop Dish due to the "dishruption". Said it was paid for by WSLS (I'm in the Roanoke, VA market). First time I've heard that.

Kind of strange since Media General is trying to get more money out of Dish and is willing to spend money on ads to get that money. I understand Facebook and their website, they don't really have to pay any extra (well, other than the people who create the graphics and content) - but a radio ad isn't cheap as far as I know.

I saw a truck with an advertisement about Dish across from our local NBC tower. At first I was pissed because I thought it was a "Dishruption" ad, but it turned out to be a Dish ad talking about how NBC cares more about the money than the people. I wish I had taken a pic, the NBC rotating sign is right across the street, would have been an interesting pic. Next time I'm by there I'll take a pic if the truck is still there.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

My wife and I haven't missed anything on NBC. We got the adapter for our Hopper and all is well. Thanks to Dish for sending us a free one. That was very nice of them and they didn't have to.

I'm in the Roanoke area and we've lost NBC in this dispute. The *only* thing I care about losing in this whole dispute, the only thing I would possibly watch on NBC is Sunday Night Football. I'm a lifelong Washington Redskins fan and the Washington vs. Dallas game is tonight. I've found out that NBC Sports Live Extra is streaming the game tonight on the internet. But to prove your eligibility to see the game you have to tell them your provider. Will the Media General dispute be able to cut off my access to NBC's live stream on the internet as well?

I'm in the Roanoke area and we've lost NBC in this dispute. The *only* thing I care about losing in this whole dispute, the only thing I would possibly watch on NBC is Sunday Night Football. I'm a lifelong Washington Redskins fan and the Washington vs. Dallas game is tonight. I've found out that NBC Sports Live Extra is streaming the game tonight on the internet. But to prove your eligibility to see the game you have to tell them your provider. Will the Media General dispute be able to cut off my access to NBC's live stream on the internet as well?

If you go to NBC.com instead of the app there will be a link to watch the game, did it last Sunday

We got the OTA but I do not have an antenna strong enough for us to even receive CBS. I really wanted to see the Broncos/Jags game today, heh.

Has anyone gotten anything better than $5 credit for 3 months or free OTA?
Have not even tried. Already getting a substantial discount from refer a friend credits & get the missing cbs station on ota which I never watched anyway. I'm just a spectator on the sidelines for this dispute.

I am wondering if viewers of a taken down channel via OTA tuner on a dish receiver get programming guide data or is it the same as the satellite channel with "important channel information" programs? I don't think dish distinguishes between the two versions of the channel.

I am wondering if viewers of a taken down channel via OTA tuner on a dish receiver get programming guide data or is it the same as the satellite channel with "important channel information" programs? I don't think dish distinguishes between the two versions of the channel.

They don't. No retrans agreement = no guide data (even for ota reception).

I do get guide data for "MeTv", it is 1 of the 2 sub channels. The other sub never has had guide data, it's only 24hr local weather & of course the main cbs station has no data.

Strange..... I tried Dish Anywhere and it seems that I am now getting guide data on the OTA channel. Am away from home so has something happened in the last two days to allow Dish Anywhere to display guide data on OTA even though main channel shows WGN?

Lucky, I can say that I am showing guide data for WNCN in dish anywhere as well with interspersed important information data. For the most part the guide data is there though for both the sat feed and the ota channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)