Meet Our Sports Writers

I prefer Texas :D
Florida just way to sticky for me.
California was nice when I was out there, been quite awhile, last time I was in LA/ Van Nuys then SD. Loved SD.
Could not afford to live in the LA area, or SD for that matter ...

Been to Florida several years ago, then back to Texas.
In Texas I'm down south on the border (Brownsville) S. Padre Island.
Go down in Feb, come back to go back to work ... ugh

1 thing I really like, it will be like 20* when I leave Detroit and when I land, it will be 80*.
Wake up in the am and it's 65* not 15* ....

Jimbo

Like I've said here before...

Opening Day 1988 Buffalo Bisons' season it snowed heavy, wet snowflakes the size of potato chips. By mid-May I was living in Los Angeles. It took about a year to really adjust to the lifestyle, etc. but I wouldn't dare think of living anywhere else. And this comes after living thru the seeminlgy annual wildfires and being personally stricken and affected by the 1994 Northridge Quake which left me scared to sleep in my bed without a light on for weeks!!!

Once in a blue moon I will miss Autumn and the change of seasons..but if I really wanted to I could always fly back to experience it. It's been 20 years now and I have yet to fly back!

You have to BE here and LIVE IT to understand.:cool:

I spent a couple of months in Oakland(actually Anitoch, CA.) and I have family in St. Monica...not bad....but when it came time to go to the beach and in the water, forget it....I will take east coach beach ANYDAY of the week and twice on sunday!

I spent a couple of months in Oakland(actually Anitoch, CA.) and I have family in St. Monica...not bad....but when it came time to go to the beach and in the water, forget it....I will take east coach beach ANYDAY of the week and twice on sunday!

Not so fast...So Florida's ocean waters are notoriously bad from the cruise ships dumping EVERYTHING just out of port. And whether it's Atlantic City or Black's Beach...our oceans are horribly polluted everywhere. Not a fair knock on SoCal.

AHHHHHH...the advantages of living in paradise. Have fun today when you go and warm up your car....I will be warming up my barbeque with steaks...;)
On Friday, I while you northerners are warming up your cars to do whatever...I will be warming up my backswing at either Golf Club of Miami or maybe even splurge at Key Biscayne....:cool:;)

May all your balls find the water hazards.:eek:

Not so fast...So Florida's ocean waters are notoriously bad from the cruise ships dumping EVERYTHING just out of port. And whether it's Atlantic City or Black's Beach...our oceans are horribly polluted everywhere. Not a fair knock on SoCal.

You really need to stop listening to news...I WORK IT for a cruise lines and the ONLY time water is bad off the Florida coast is EITHER when a hurricane is within 300 miles OR during the months of late March and late April when the current can be rough from Jacksonville to NYC. But EVEN in the summer, Cali beaches are cold as hell.

Nooooo...water hazards are easy...it's the pubic hair thick "rough" just outside the fairways that are really bad....

..And by the way, I DO also play by the book!;)

I have found those tall wooden things with leaves to be a bit of a problem. Some days I'm the longest guy in the woods. "Tree" woods don't seem to help.

I have found those tall wooden things with leaves to be a bit of a problem. Some days I'm the longest guy in the woods. "Tree" woods don't seem to help.

You would HATE the normal course I play....VERY short from the long tees. ONLY about 6800 yards give or take. BUT, the 1st 50-100 yards are SO NARROW, I would say about 40-80 inbetween trees, that you almost get clausterphobic.

You would HATE the normal course I play....VERY short from the long tees. ONLY about 6800 yards give or take. BUT, the 1st 50-100 yards are SO NARROW, I would say about 40-80 inbetween trees, that you almost get clausterphobic.

You call that short? That's more yardage then I want to play. I usually play the "blue's", mostly about 6300 to 6600. I'm a long hitter, but most of my fellow golfers are older than I am, and prefer the yardage from the "white's". The bets get smaller when I play from the whites, for obvious reasons.

Well...ALL this talk about what MRS. Salsadancer7 looks like and I HAVE promised a pic....so here it is:

Be nice boys...I have lost 15 pounds so I am lighter than the picture shows.

Attachments

• 000_0011a.jpg
    000_0011a.jpg
    534 KB · Views: 111
Well...ALL this talk about what MRS. Salsadancer7 looks like and I HAVE promised a pic....so here it is:

Be nice boys...I have lost 15 pounds so I am lighter than the picture shows.

Wow! You are old. LOL :D

Russ

Born - 12/1978

Residence - Wyoming, RI

Single

Occupation - Physical Therapist

Favorite teams -

NFL - Jets
MLB - Red Sox
NBA - CELTICS!!!!
NHL - Bruins
NCAA Football - SEC, Big 10, Big 12
NCAA Basketball - Providence College, URI

Dislikes: The New England Patriots :mad:

Russ

Born - 12/1978

Residence - Wyoming, RI

Single

Occupation - Physical Therapist

Favorite teams -

NFL - Jets
MLB - Red Sox
NBA - CELTICS!!!!
NHL - Bruins
NCAA Football - SEC, Big 10, Big 12
NCAA Basketball - Providence College, URI

Dislikes: The New England Patriots :mad:

A Jets fan and an anti-Patriot in the New England area? Interesting. Care to share the reason you chose to follow the Jets over the Pats when it looks like you root for every other professional Boston team?

A Jets fan and an anti-Patriot in the New England area? Interesting. Care to share the reason you chose to follow the Jets over the Pats when it looks like you root for every other professional Boston team?

I live in the western part of Rhode Island (on the Conn border....where I have a lot of friends and family), and I hate how Bob Krafty used the state of Connecticut to get his stadium in Mass built. Not only that, but I've always disliked Belichick and his cheating and arrogant ways. Besides, my father grew up a Jets fan and I followed suit. :up

Assemble an All-NBA Team for your Franchise

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)