Mets not on MLB EI on Sunday - why?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bluetrue

Original poster
Mar 9, 2009
Richmond VA
Yesterday's game was broacast on WPIX so it was not on SNY. Does anyone know why the broadcast was not on MLB EI and does this happen with all of the WPIX games?

Yesterday's game was broacast on WPIX so it was not on SNY. Does anyone know why the broadcast was not on MLB EI and does this happen with all of the WPIX games?
I don't know where WPIX is but if it's in your local area then yes. For instance here in Cincinnati, only games NOT on the FoxSportsNet for Cincinnati would be on MLB. That's true of NFL Sunday tix too. And if a baseball game is on any national network (Fox or ESPN for instance) then it will not be on MLBEI. Hope this helps.:cool:

WPIX is the NY CW affiliate and I believe the home broadcaster for the Mets.

Personally. I think this blackout situation is stupid.

WPIX is the NY CW affiliate and I believe the home broadcaster for the Mets.

Personally. I think this blackout situation is stupid.

I agree with you if the sports package is paid for. This is all about the all mighty dollar in advertising. I wish I could watch many other broadcasts for the Twins. Here in Minnesota they lack the HD#'s that other markets like NESN, MASN and YES have. It is bad enough on Sunday the games are on MY Network which has an HD signal just not for the Twins. All Sunday Games are on My Network. The other day I wanted to watch YES because I like Michael Kay but it was blacked out because of ESPN and its Horrible announcers(When Gary Thorne doesnt do it).

WPIX is in NY and I live in central Virginia. I found some other threads on this and it seems that there were no WPIX games on EI last year so it looks like I am out of luck. I used to get them on dish network but directv does not carry WPIX.

WPIX is in NY and I live in central Virginia. I found some other threads on this and it seems that there were no WPIX games on EI last year so it looks like I am out of luck. I used to get them on dish network but directv does not carry WPIX.
If you are unable to get the game in your area (and you are) you should contact MLBEI (not D*) and try to get them to contact D* and get you fixed up. Those blackouts are automated and someone may not have the right information. Good Luck!:cool:

Local broadcasts not on RSN except for the Yankees (My 9) are not included as part of the MLB-EI package. Games on local channels simulcast on RSN will be on (like the Astros).

the only way to even get a whiff of wpix mets games is at 11pm watching it on mets fast forward on sny if sny is your rsn but you do not recieve wpix in your locals(anywhere outside nyc dma). if sny iss not you local rsn and even if you have sportspack it will be blacked out. other option is lame but if other team is broadcasting it and you are in sny territory you can watch it on 720 or 720-1 but only in a small screen.

I gues PIX and DTV and EI don't have a contract agreement. As said earlier in this post, I believe MY9 for the Yankees is the only local station like that which has an agreement and is on the EI package. Where do you live? Were you not able to get in on the Brewers station, or maybe FS wasn't carrying it that day in WI. Unfortuantely if you aren't in the Mets viewing area an Encore probably isn't an option either as that is probably blacked out.

D* has no contract to show WPIX . Therefore the 26 Mets games on WPIX will not appear on EI.
When Dish had EI no YES games were available on EI becuase Dish has no contract with YES.
Question, was the other team's feed available on EI for you to watch?
I know it sucks having to watch the opposing temas feedcs and listen to their announcers. But if you want to watch, yer stuck.

Local broadcasts not on RSN except for the Yankees (My 9) are not included as part of the MLB-EI package. Games on local channels simulcast on RSN will be on (like the Astros).

YES is one of my rsn's.oddly enough the my9 game on sunday was blacked out(not nyc dma) but the replay of the game on YES was not.

Question, was the other team's feed available on EI for you to watch?
I know it sucks having to watch the opposing temas feedcs and listen to their announcers. But if you want to watch, yer stuck.

yes, the brewers feed on sunday vs mets was on fsn wisconsin,does me no good but if not in mets territory the game should have been viewable

Last edited:
We're paying for this. I think EI should try and get contracts will all the local broadcasts like the NBA has it.

On a side note, I never noticed it before but I accidentally pressed the red button while watching one game and it gave me a Directv Score guide with scores of MLB, NBA and NHL games.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)