Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
this is on the main metv webpage

Rawhide and Marshall Dillon say goodbye to Me
Attention MeTV viewers, because of an exclusive pay cable window, both Rawhide and Marshall Dillon will be leaving the MeTV schedule after November 30th. We are sorry to see them go, and hope to add them back to the schedule in a couple years.
You may have noticed that since last December we aired each episode of the series multiple times so that MeTV viewers would have the opportunity to see each episode in various daytime and late night time periods. While these two western classics are leaving the schedule, Bonanza, Gunsmoke, and all our other westerns will be with us a long time. In addition, Wagon Train, The Rebel, and Have Gun Will Travel will all join our memorable western programming in the coming months and years.

so it looks like they are dropping 2 shows they've shown numerous times and getting some other shows...which is good

Wonder if it will only be the early season, B&W half-hour Gunsmoke episodes (renamed Marshal Dillon for syndication) that will leave, or all Gunsmoke episodes...

I wonder if some of these pay cable channels such as AMC and Encore Suspense are getting into the retro TV pie. I noticed the Rifleman and Alfred Hitchcock Hour airing lately on those channels. Even the Munsters and Addams Family on Boomerang.

Aw man! And I had just recently started watching the old, 30m Marshall Dillion shows!
I used to hate Westerns but by accident and laziness, I ended up watching a few of them and took a liking to them.

:(

at least you know it will be on til the EOM....with RTV they could pull the shows mid episode ;)

Aw crud.. I checked on Amazon and they don't sell anything for Marshal Dillion 30m episodes at all and just a few random jumbles of the 1hr Gunsmoke shows.

Dee> Amazon does sell the b/w episodes of Marshall Dillon. Go to their site and search by Marshall Dillon. You can get the complete first season, 39episodes, in one 6-dvd set. But they got greedy for season 2 transfers, split it up into 2 'volumes'. Still a good price for both. They have a 50th anniversery set, but the reveiws said it just picks one or two shows from the first 10yrs of the show....
Amazon.com: Gunsmoke - The First Season: James Arness, Amanda Blake, Milburn Stone, Dennis Weaver: Movies & TV

"Marshal Dillon" was the syndication name for the original Gunsmoke episodes, since the network wanted to differentiate between the currently running (at the time) Gunsmoke episodes and the reruns in syndication. The commercial DVDs from CBS label these 30 minute B&W episodes by their original title, "Gunsmoke", which is actually what they are.

Is Encore western showing the half hour Dillions? A local religious channel used to show 2 episodes at 5 PM week days stopped a few weeks ago (now I know why) but I still had it on ME now it's gone. This didn't happen to effect lone ranger did it, same channel quit showing it abruptly a little before Dillion.

Aw crud.. I checked on Amazon and they don't sell anything for Marshal Dillion 30m episodes at all and just a few random jumbles of the 1hr Gunsmoke shows.

I guess it's time to start shopping for a Blueray player.

Aw man! And I had just recently started watching the old, 30m Marshall Dillion shows!
I used to hate Westerns but by accident and laziness, I ended up watching a few of them and took a liking to them.

I was looking at Netflix last night, and watched the first "Gunsmoke" episode, it was the older b/w version of what was later named Marshal Dillon (I think). They are 30 minute episodes, and should just fit the bill nicely. There are 100 of them listed on Netflix.

If memory serves me correctly, your computer feed things to all the rooms, so, if you haven't already joined Netflix, try their 30 day free offer, see if you like it. If you really REALLY need a coupon for their free 30 day 'gift,' send me a PM and I'll be happy to provide one for you.

At least you'll be able to record the shows and have them for "whenever."

Photto

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts