Michigan hires rich rodriquez

How long till Tressel moves on? 1 - 2 seasons?

He's already turned down offers from many other places, including Cleveland.
Hopefully he'll be here for another 10-15 years like Woody was.
Woody was about 30 years, that would be fine with me if Coach Tressel stuck around that long :)

Jimbo

even if he did ``verbally'' commit to ohio state, he can still change his mind before he signs the dotted line in february.

Yes, I understand that.
So who else is out there, this guy is the only one I've heard about, there has to be other top notch QB's out there as well.

Jimbo

According to Rivals.com, the top 11 "pro style QBs" have all commited verbally to schools:

E.J. Manuel 6.1 6-5/215/4.6 Virginia Beach, VA 1 Florida State
Dayne Crist 6.1 6-5/228/4.66 Sherman Oaks, CA 2 Notre Dame
Blaine Gabbert 6.1 6-4/226/4.65 Ballwin, MO 3 Missouri
Mike Glennon 6.0 6-6/194/4.9 Centreville, VA 4 NC State
Andrew Luck 6.0 6-4/215/4.7 Houston, TX 5 Stanford
Star Jackson 5.9 6-3/182/4.6 Lake Worth, FL 6 Alabama
Nick Crissman 5.9 6-3/193/4.72 Huntington Beach, CA 7 UCLA
Landry Jones 5.8 6-4/224/- Artesia, NM 8 Oklahoma
Jacory Harris 5.8 6-4/169/4.8 Miami, FL 9 Miami-FL
Beau Sweeney 5.8 6-1/197/4.65 Fresno , CA 10 California
John Wienke 5.7 6-4/196/- Tuscola, IL 11 Iowa

ONLY #12, Sean Renfree, #14 Casey Kelly and #20 Jacob Bower have Not committed to a school yet. Pryor has not commited, but he is not ranked as "pro style QB" in the top 20....but IS ranked #1 as a the best "dual threat QB". Which means, because of his height, IF it does not workout as a QB, he will be switch to a wide receiver...or play high school basketball at tOSU.

According to Rivals.com, the top 11 "pro style QBs" have all commited verbally to schools:

E.J. Manuel 6.1 6-5/215/4.6 Virginia Beach, VA 1 Florida State
Dayne Crist 6.1 6-5/228/4.66 Sherman Oaks, CA 2 Notre Dame
Blaine Gabbert 6.1 6-4/226/4.65 Ballwin, MO 3 Missouri
Mike Glennon 6.0 6-6/194/4.9 Centreville, VA 4 NC State
Andrew Luck 6.0 6-4/215/4.7 Houston, TX 5 Stanford
Star Jackson 5.9 6-3/182/4.6 Lake Worth, FL 6 Alabama
Nick Crissman 5.9 6-3/193/4.72 Huntington Beach, CA 7 UCLA
Landry Jones 5.8 6-4/224/- Artesia, NM 8 Oklahoma
Jacory Harris 5.8 6-4/169/4.8 Miami, FL 9 Miami-FL
Beau Sweeney 5.8 6-1/197/4.65 Fresno , CA 10 California
John Wienke 5.7 6-4/196/- Tuscola, IL 11 Iowa

ONLY #12, Sean Renfree, #14 Casey Kelly and #20 Jacob Bower have Not committed to a school yet. Pryor has not commited, but he is not ranked as "pro style QB" in the top 20....but IS ranked #1 as a the best "dual threat QB". Which means, because of his height, IF it does not workout as a QB, he will be switch to a wide receiver...or play high school basketball at tOSU.

or play high school basketball at tOSU. ????

Jimbo

Sorry, I am jumping the gun as to where he is going. IF I am not mistaken, he is a dual sports star at his high school, where he averaged in the low 20s and around 9 rebounds per game in basketball.

Oh, I didn't know he plays basketball too.
I hope he does go to Ohio State seeing all the talk earlier about him.

Hmmm. what number jersey did I buy ? :D

Sorry, in reality, I don't do that, the jersey thing.
I do own a Chris Spielman jersey though :up

Jimbo

He's already turned down offers from many other places, including Cleveland.
Hopefully he'll be here for another 10-15 years like Woody was.
Woody was about 30 years, that would be fine with me if Coach Tressel stuck around that long :)

Jimbo

We'll see if OSU is still singing the same tune after he puts an extended losing streak together against MICHIGAN. It will happen.

coach rod did not build up the wvu program he maintained it. wvu has been a perrinial top 25 team since the early 80's. rod had the benifit of being in the new big east with wvu being the power house in the old days wvu had to play the likes of miami bc va tech every year and before that add penn st and the more powerful pitt teams of the past. michigan may not of gotten the gem they thought. coach neylan retired the following coach had the stuff in place for success really rod should of had a better record than he did. he will get to know if he really is a good coach at michigan. wvu should be able to pull in any coach they want with the 1.5 mil buyout from beilien and the 4 mil buyout from rod plus the bcs windfall a 3-5 year contract would virtually be free for the university.

Paul,
I bet that michigan beats OSU next year.

Jimbo

Hockey doesn't count here. As for football, maybe in 2009. It will take that long to get used to the new offense, and maybe by then Tressel will have found a way to stop the spread, and then there still is that little matter of that nasty defense you guys have down there...

Hockey doesn't count here. As for football, maybe in 2009. It will take that long to get used to the new offense, and maybe by then Tressel will have found a way to stop the spread, and then there still is that little matter of that nasty defense you guys have down there...

Buckeyes HOPEFULLY will be breaking in Pryor, if not, not sure what to expect....
Then again, I thought offensivle we would not be very good either after loosing so many on the O side and starting a rookie QB.
Still not convinced about Beokman

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts