Michigan hires rich rodriquez

Saban ,
Definatley, he's been doing this for 10-15 years now.

Jimbo

And NOW there is a rumor he is NOT happy at Alabama and is agent contacted the WV AD.....

Sources close to University President Mike Garrison have informed WBGV that Nick Saban’s agent has contacted WVU regarding our vacant head-coaching position.

These sources tell us that Saban is extremely unhappy in Tuscaloosa and has failed to recapture the situation he had in Baton Rouge with LSU. The purpose of the agent’s call was to express initial interest in the position and to have WVU athletics put together a compensation package enough to lure Saban from Alabama. This package would not need to be as much as Saban is currently making at Alabama, but enough to not result in a 50% paycut. So, we’re obviously talking more than the $1.9 million former coach Rich Rodriguez was making.

Again, this is all very preliminary, but solid sources have confirmed that Nick Saban’s agent has contacted West Virginia University.

*** UPDATE #1 *** This report has been confirmed by the staff at WVSports.com. Unfortunately, it is posted on their premium board so that confirmation can not be reprinted here. Still, it has been confirmed.

Nick Saban’s Agent Contacts WVU « West BY GOD Virginia

And NOW there is a rumor he is NOT happy at Alabama and is agent contacted the WV AD.....

Sources close to University President Mike Garrison have informed WBGV that Nick Saban’s agent has contacted WVU regarding our vacant head-coaching position.

These sources tell us that Saban is extremely unhappy in Tuscaloosa and has failed to recapture the situation he had in Baton Rouge with LSU. The purpose of the agent’s call was to express initial interest in the position and to have WVU athletics put together a compensation package enough to lure Saban from Alabama. This package would not need to be as much as Saban is currently making at Alabama, but enough to not result in a 50% paycut. So, we’re obviously talking more than the $1.9 million former coach Rich Rodriguez was making.

Again, this is all very preliminary, but solid sources have confirmed that Nick Saban’s agent has contacted West Virginia University.

*** UPDATE #1 *** This report has been confirmed by the staff at WVSports.com. Unfortunately, it is posted on their premium board so that confirmation can not be reprinted here. Still, it has been confirmed.

Nick Saban’s Agent Contacts WVU « West BY GOD Virginia

IF (and that is a BIG IF) WVU is foolish enough to hire him, you can bet that Petrino will be on the phone immediately with Alabama, seeking that job, after all he has been head coach at Arkansas for over a week now. :D

As for a new coach at WVU, any info on that?

for maybe a season!

While he was coach at Louisville, Petrino interviewed with every team that he could (pro or college.) One of his better feats was when he got caught sneaking (quite literally) to a meeting with Auburn 25 miles out of town, at a remote airport. His whole career has been interesting as he has absolutely no loyalties, none whatsoever. Bobbie has signed 25-30 years of contracts in the past 18 months, according to whom you wish to believe, so why would Arkansas be inclined to believe he will change his ways.

On the upside, he has NOT left a slew of NCAA infractions in his wake as seems to be the current fad in coaching.

He should have just taken the Alabama job if he didn't plan on staying in the first place.

While both Alabama and Michigan hope and expect to compete for a national championship, Alabama people are more unrealistic about the situation. I live in Alabama and I can guarantee that if bama does not win a national championship in the next few years, they will run Saben off. Alabama fans and the people that call the shots really think they can dominate like in the 60's and 70's. With every school getting 25 scholarships a year, no one will dominate like that. Ever. You will have teams go on 5 and 6 year runs where they will win, but will not play for a national championship. Times have changed. Alabama get back to the real world or you will run Saben off too!!!

Right on Skippy, NOBODY is the expert that you are!

Thanks for taking the time from First Take to respond. :) Say "Hi" to the sane members of the cast for me.

Off to edit "ignore list" now...................

...Oh, don't get your thong all twisted in a knot. I never professed to be an expert, but I DID work in....get this...sports media...for 7 years, so I WOULD know a little more about it than you do. Like I am sure that you would know more about whatever you work in than I would.

Makes sense, don't ya think?

After hearing what West Va. fans had to say about Rodriguez leaving town (one group gathered at the airport to do the O-H-I-O cheer), I would think that hiring Saban would be a non-starter, seeing how they feel about "loyalty". Rodriguez made their program, did they really think he was going to stay forever? You would think somebody would be a little appreciative for the ground work he layed. Come to think of it, maybe they deserve Saban as a lesson in humility.

After hearing what West Va. fans had to say about Rodriguez leaving town (one group gathered at the airport to do the O-H-I-O cheer), I would think that hiring Saban would be a non-starter, seeing how they feel about "loyalty". Rodriguez made their program, did they really think he was going to stay forever? You would think somebody would be a little appreciative for the ground work he layed. Come to think of it, maybe they deserve Saban as a lesson in humility.

He didn't make their program. They were a good team before, National Championship game in 1987, and they will be good long after he is gone.

Both Stanton and White are currently juniors (potentially going pro) do you think this may have entered into Rodriguez's mind while deciding ?

Jimbo

...Oh, don't get your thong all twisted in a knot. I never professed to be an expert, but I DID work in....get this...sports media...for 7 years, so I WOULD know a little more about it than you do. Like I am sure that you would know more about whatever you work in than I would.

Makes sense, don't ya think?

and i did some sports reporting, of some sorts, for the almost 11 years i was a civilian journalist. my biggest claim to fame was covering the daytona 200 motorcycle race for the orlando sentinel and making the front page of the sports section....above the fold, for any of you familiar with the term.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts