GEOSATpro Micro HD Boot Problem?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Lone Gunman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
southeast
One of my Micro HD receivers has had a boot problem now for a while and it's getting worse as time goes on. What it's doing is, when I turn the power strip on to boot up it won't show me the "RED" LED at 15 seconds into the boot process and it seems to lock up and not do anything more. I turn the power off, wait about 10 seconds and then turn it back on and get same thing?? It usually does this 3 or 4 times before it will complete the boot process?? After that it "seems" to work OK for both record and playback.

So does anyone know why this is happening and if so is this something that I might be able to fix by replacing a component on the main board?

Thanks................

Have you tried a different power supply?

Michael I've got 3 power supplies and all of them do the same thing.

Primestar, I've got that software but I have two of these and my "working" Micro HD software has been installed in this funky one and it still does the same thing? I'll try to reload it again just for the hell of it but I'm not holding my breath!

So neither of you think it's a hardware problem then??

Thanks

It could very well be a hardware problem. I just wanted to cover the bases first. Different power supply and firmware.

It could very well be a hardware problem. I just wanted to cover the bases first. Different power supply and firmware.

The one I've got that's working "normally" is a used one I got from Dave a year or so ago and that firmware and user database are what's in the funky one now. I loaded those in it a while back but they didn't fix it. I'll try that again later today.

And speaking of Dave, I saw he was online the other day so I messaged him to see if he had another one like the one I got from him before. He answered saying he'd have to look to see what he had but I haven't heard anything back from him yet on that.

And an FYI, I've got a couple of Openbox S9s that are still working OK. One was hit by lightning years ago and it fried the HDMI port but the other AV outputs still work fine. They both record OK and the Micro HD will play those recordings and the skip forward feature works with them and that's a feature I really like to help get through commercials quickly. THAT is the only reason I haven't trashed this funky Micro HD yet.

Thanks again guys............................

Reactions: KE4EST
It could be electronic, BUT, I've had the firmware get corrupted for some reason in mine and do funky things. Reflashing fixed it.

I'd suggest reflashing from a new download, instead of using your donor receiver.

UPDATE: Well, after transferring all the data files from a working Micro HD to this one with the boot up problem it was still having boot issues. So, I went ahead and did a “clean install” of the June 2013 firmware and started from scratch. I’ve got 6 satellites in it now and it’s working OK at boot up so I guess it’s a keeper, ............ until the next time. And I still don’t understand why the working firmware in one won’t work in the other??? [rolleyes]

FYI, I basically did the same thing to my 2 Openbox S9 receivers a few months back that fixed some record problems I was having with those, and those only have 6 satellites programmed in them also. I guess I came to understand that satellite feeds/Tv as I knew it is gone forever so there’s no reason to have satellites from 139w to 37w programmed into my receivers if there’s nothing on them to watch!!

That and since the last “OTA REPACK” I’ve wound up with 35 channels and among those are TV shows that I normally watch on Satellite. So I bought a Mediasonic Homeworx PVR and I can record and playback with that as well as my satellite receivers.

Welcome to the “new world” of FTA Satellite TV!

And THANKS for the comments guys!! ;-)

It may not have anything to do with what you're experiencing, but my microHD definitely does not like to have satellite positions disabled while transponders are still configured for that satellite position disabled. You must first delete all transponders for the satellite position in question. And then disable the satellite position. Failure to do this will cause confusing random restarts.

Sent from my SM-G950W using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: fred555 and KE4EST

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)