GEOSATpro MicroHD power indicator blinking

Radioguy41

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2008
Lehighton, PA
As the local electric company is wont to do there was a 2 sec power interruption (line switching) this morning and now everything still works fine except the MicroHD. All it does is blink. I unplugged it for several hours, plugged it back in and it still just blinks (by the way I found out the MicroHD remote turns the Freesat V7 on but not off). Has anyone run into this before? There are things I could try but thought I'd ask the group before maybe bricking it, if it isn't already.

As the local electric company is wont to do there was a 2 sec power interruption (line switching) this morning and now everything still works fine except the MicroHD. All it does is blink. I unplugged it for several hours, plugged it back in and it still just blinks (by the way I found out the MicroHD remote turns the Freesat V7 on but not off). Has anyone run into this before? There are things I could try but thought I'd ask the group before maybe bricking it, if it isn't already.
Found this thread but don't know if it's the problem: http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/posts/3686113/

Thanks. I first noted it blinking after the power interruption but it's possible it was blinking prior to that and I just didn't notice it. We've had some seriously heavy rains the past two days.

Well it's worse than I thought. Had an opportunity today to check it out. First thing, the LNB was bad, that caused the blinking. I put a brand new spare on the dish, went inside, connected the cables, plugged it in and the light didn't blink anymore. However, now the green light stays on all the time and it does not respond to the remote. Disconnecting the coax and/or the HDMI cable has no effect, the light stays on. When I tested it the other day by disconnecting the coax and thought it was booting it turned out to be an illusion. I did not have the TV on at the time so I wrongly assumed when the light wasn't blinking it was booting, it wasn't. Even with the cables disconnected, if I leave it on more than a couple of minutes it gets hot as the dickens. I suspect it's toast.

Well it's worse than I thought. Had an opportunity today to check it out. First thing, the LNB was bad, that caused the blinking. I put a brand new spare on the dish, went inside, connected the cables, plugged it in and the light didn't blink anymore. However, now the green light stays on all the time and it does not respond to the remote. Disconnecting the coax and/or the HDMI cable has no effect, the light stays on. When I tested it the other day by disconnecting the coax and thought it was booting it turned out to be an illusion. I did not have the TV on at the time so I wrongly assumed when the light wasn't blinking it was booting, it wasn't. Even with the cables disconnected, if I leave it on more than a couple of minutes it gets hot as the dickens. I suspect it's toast.
Sorry to hear that. Since the lnb was bad, maybe lightning from all the storms we've had in PA recently? I know we have had some nasty ones here, especially when the heat wave broke. :(

Yeah, that's a real possibility. I swapped in an X2 Mini HD today and found out while the new LNB works fine the motor is now having issues. It will move then it won't and it never feeds back to the receiver so there's no indication on the screen whether it's moving or not and if it is moving, when it reaches it's destination. The motor is what really bothers me, less than a year old. :(

And yet another update. Since I'm now testing an HDVR3500 on my big dish I decided to swap out the X2 with the Freesat V7 on the Ku dish. Hot diggety, the motor works! Too be honest I have reached the end with this losey X2 Premium Mini. It's never been right and now I found out it can't even move a motor. However, the Freesat moves the dish just fine so I'm a happy guy. Sum total lost in the apparent lightning strike was one LNB and the MicroHD but not the motor. :amen

Yeah, it's a good little unit, especially for how inexpensive it is. The only real issue is when you are in the Satellites menu and if you just highlight a satellite in the list that has already been scanned it instantly starts to move the dish to that satellite. Man that can be annoying.

Yeah, that's a real possibility. I swapped in an X2 Mini HD today and found out while the new LNB works fine the motor is now having issues. It will move then it won't and it never feeds back to the receiver so there's no indication on the screen whether it's moving or not and if it is moving, when it reaches it's destination. The motor is what really bothers me, less than a year old. :(
I was having trouble with usals with mine and this was their response .

8s4etFAimRSwoMej7vgqiLhWWUo_B38AK4rO_BuyJSAxDKu5FxsCWaAZ2KOJzZe22ps8pBwCFhe1Et6vW_gw2oKEVfnKkJlMsUpcjr_BneRsteIjCOj_6wzk6T4GK1pzCz152aBV388kfYy1Pf4dl6qXF4UBnqDC7cDQxYA5YGO2q2c=s0-d-e1-ft

New message from: x2st (2,163)
Hi,

We do our deep apology for this issue, This receiver is designed to work with fixed satellite system and one LNB , If you need to use motorize satellite system we suggest to you another receiver is called: Premium V

If you not satisfy with the item Please return the item to us and we will issue paid RMA label also full refund

Please keep contact with us and looking forward to hear from you soon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts