X2 and DIseq1.2 Problem "redux"

Lone Gunman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
southeast
Since my other thread got closed because of off topic BS and negative posts aimed at other members, I'll ask you to please stay on topic. If you feel the need to slam someone or point fingers, then please feel free to start your own thread to do that!

I've exchanged a few Emails with X2 support on this Diseq 1.2 issue and I got one today that sheds some light on why this function may not be working and/or why some of you are still having problems getting it to work correctly on systems with linear actuators. I'll let you read this copy and paste of that Email and make that judgment on your own though.

Oh, and I've sent them a return message asking them to take this X2 receiver back and for a refund to be issued to my credit card. I'm done!

Dear Sir,

We appreciate your last email to us, We have some questions to you about your current system with Vbox X:

1- Vbox X use remote control and also have another option to be controlled by Receiver , Did you you cancelled the remote control before connect to the receiver ?

2- Which LNB type you used with your dish system (Frequency ? , KU or C Band? ).

3- What (Vip3r) member did last year is opened the receiver and damaged it all and we received it is totally broken receiver due many wrong usage of that member but our customer service already reimbursement him in that time and finally he copied all by using same RCU,Chipset many functions been copied from X2 in his new receiver HDVR1200 and sale by 120 USD and More with Less accessories and very basically software.

We suggest to you connect the motor Directly to X2 because this receiver is already have the Built In Positioner USALS and DiseqC 1.2 and you will no need to duplicate the system because the receiver will be conflict and will not work properly.

Please let us know from you soon

Best Regards
Ma Wang
X Square Technology
4th BaoLong Rd. , LongGang
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Email : m@x2sat.com
www.x2sat.com

Last edited:
The point he is trying to make is tha the info he was told by Ma was wrong. A X2 can not control a big c band dish. You need some kind of GBox to convert disecq signal and covert it to something the c band actuator understands.

Lets face the fact here. The X2 was never designed to be a good FTA box it was and is first a foremost a pirate box. When you get the box and it comes out of the box with IKS software installed then it is nothing more then a pirate box.

Kind of a shame too, because other then the diseqc and crappy SD picture, this was a nice box. I wish they would have released it without the pirate crap pre installed.

The point he is trying to make is tha the info he was told by Ma was wrong. A X2 can not control a big c band dish. You need some kind of GBox to convert disecq signal and covert it to something the c band actuator understands.
I took the "We suggest to you connect the motor Directly to X2 because this receiver is already have the Built In Positioner USALS and DiseqC 1.2" as don't have anything else connected - no switches, no Loop Out, usual trouble shooting steps.

Thank you Scott!!!

There is no way to connect the Von Weise linear actuator motor directly to the X2 as there's no 36 Volt output for the motor and no 5 volt putput for the reed switch. There would have to be 4 wire connectors on the box along with the associated electrical/electronic components to make it work.

I may be wrong here but from what I read in that Email, they don't have a clue as to how a C/Ku band BUD system works. This may be a good USALS controller but IMHO it's not worth a damn for the C/Ku band systems that I have. That's why I asked to return it as I can't use it like it is and I'm not into teaching them something they should have known before they put this thing on the market. Like Scott says, it's a shame too as that X2 is really fast and accurate at blind scanning.

Yeah I dont think they understand that type of setup over there in China.

I have the same setup as you here and use a GBOX to move my C Band dish. :)

they never had support for a fixed dish and motorized dish at the same time that worked for me until late summer.
it used to take me all afternoon to set up a ku motorized dish.

I don’t think it is clear from his email that he understood that you were using a large dish with Von Weise linear actuator. In fact he is asking for more information such as “[FONT=&quot]Which LNB type you used with your dish system (Frequency ? , KU or C Band? )”[/FONT] to try to get a better understanding of your system.

The key is he is clearly trying to help and asking questions to better understand your system and problem.

OK, back on topic....

Connected my X2 to my GBox - runs fine. It automatically changes positions when I change Sats, and can use the X2 to fine tune (bump east / west)
I only have my X2 connected to the GBox, there are no other devices attached.
My Firmware is dated Setp 24 - I got it from the FTP server. Named "X2S.ssu"
I did not make any alts to any part of the database using the editor, only setup the DiSEqC 1.2 position on a couple Sats.

Looks like your box has an issue.
I would try re-flashing the firmware, and test.

they use the ftp site as a dump for beta firmware,the 8meg full files usually just have hacker stuff in the private area of flash that wouldn't be in the usual 4meg dumps.The 8meg versions usually disappear fast,sometimes in a few hours.

We won't post the firmware here because it has the pirate software with it, but you can grab it at

Servername: ftp.x2sat.com
Username: x@x2sat.com
Password: 00000

don't be fooled by new file dates,they are famous for uploading old firmware there days or weeks after it is released.
the 9-28 and 10-20 uploads are actually the old 9-24 firmware,so those were a tease.
I went back to using the supermax 5000 july 5th stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)