X2 and DIseq1.2 Problem "redux"

Huh, my setup is receiver-->V-Box-->switches-->dishes, works fine. Now that I'm thinking on it though, when I'd first set it up I had a switch that didn't work that way and would work going from just the receiver to the dishes. I replaced that switch with a new one and all was well.

Maybe that switch wasn't bad and the X2 is just touchy with certain switches. Right now I'm using an old Zimwell 4X1 on the C-band for my dual ortho and a generic cheap 4X1 switch to switch between the C and Ku dishes. The one that wouldn't work was some cheap generic switch.

Interesting. Mine is receiver--->Switch--->Gbox--->out to a 8X1--->then to Bud or the small fixed dishes. Works fine.
My GBox would react to DiSEqC Switch commands - could be a switch issue, or that I use positions 1,2,3,4 on the GBox.

We drifted of OP topic, but since he has not responded, should we assume he got it working?

i tried changing the position on the switch and no luck still. I may try replacing it or just use 2 receivers and make life easier.

Replacing it would be cheap to try. Amazon has 4x1 DiSEqC switches for nine dollars or so, no doubt E-Bay does too. What brand switch is yours?

The second "I'm done" posted today was when I asked them to send me a shipping label so I could send it back for a refund, meaning I don't want one of these after all!

CRICKETS CHIRPING??

Yup, sent this X2 receiver back on 10/29/13 via USPS using the shipping label I received from VIP3R. USPS tracking says that it was delivered on 10/31/13.

I sent VIP3R an Email on 11/07/13 asking about the status of my refund and it's now 11/14/13 and he hasn't answered that message. I just checked and there's no refund been issued to my card card either??

I guess it's time to file a dispute claim with my credit card company before the time limit runs out, hey!

And BTW, after I sent this X2 back I did buy a Geosat Pro Micro HD that was delivered last Saturday and there wasn't any problem at all getting that receiver to move my dish! Right now I have 48 satellites programmed in and it has found over 900 channels on those satellites.

CRICKETS CHIRPING??

Yup, sent this X2 receiver back on 10/29/13 via USPS using the shipping label I received from VIP3R. USPS tracking says that it was delivered on 10/31/13.

I sent VIP3R an Email on 11/07/13 asking about the status of my refund and it's now 11/14/13 and he hasn't answered that message. I just checked and there's no refund been issued to my card card either??

I guess it's time to file a dispute claim with my credit card company before the time limit runs out, hey!

And BTW, after I sent this X2 back I did buy a Geosat Pro Micro HD that was delivered last Saturday and there wasn't any problem at all getting that receiver to move my dish! Right now I have 48 satellites programmed in and it has found over 900 channels on those satellites.

Sounds Like outstanding customer service!!! Sorry you have to file a charge back to get your hard earned money back. Perhaps he's a kitchen table reseller with no funds to refund not sure hope it works out :)

You don't have a phone number you can call?

Well, I finally got that refund for the X2 receiver that I sent back. VIP3R sent it himself so I guess this is finally over. It's a shame too as I do think that the X2 "could" have been a decent receiver if it would have moved my dish.

Reactions: The Rage
Well, I finally got that refund for the X2 receiver that I sent back. VIP3R sent it himself so I guess this is finally over. It's a shame too as I do think that the X2 "could" have been a decent receiver if it would have moved my dish.

I am having diseq switch problems period with an X2 loaded with March 2016 firmware...Started losing signal with Pansat 4x1 2.0 (running as 1.0) two weeks after I got it. Had an old Zinwell 4 x 1. Worked a day or so, then started losing connection with two dishes (One Bud running a C1 PLL the other a 90cm with a Titanium KU fixed on G19)...Replaced that switch with a Pansat 8x1 1.1...Worked fine with both dishes for about 12 hours, then X2 started recycling/rebooting every 30 seconds. Powered down, removed one feed at a time. Ran a few minutes, X2 started rebooting...

Took Diseq out completely, direct connect, one dish at a time. No problems. Thinking on using old Vortex Pro 770 and power lnbf's along with the skew control on another bud, feeding the X2 via the VP's loop-out. X2st tech support has fell "silent"/not responding..

Great little receiver. Just buggy and apparently ain't got the "umph".

Oh well..

Rage, how hot is the little box getting, when it started rebooting? Have you checked that? I have a little computer fan I stick on top of mine when its in use, seems to help keep it calmed down. I really can't believe this rec is still working nearly 3 yrs later. Trying a small fan may be something to try, cheap fix if it works for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)