Mini outages

Yeah, I can reliably duplicate it via Tapatalk, just have never had it happen in Chrome on my desktop before is the only reason I mentioned it. Was attaching an image, presumably a client-side issue and it submitted twice is all.

I have been playing with the backup times trying to adjust it

Wow. This throws me way, Way, WAY back to when I had a Perkin Elmer mini to handle our warehouse data entry (& a few other tidbits). I set the backup to start at noon, when ALL the data entry clerks went to lunch. Eventually, it couldn’t all be done in an hour. Not sure, but I think I moved it to after hours and took my chances.

I am so embarrassed at how much I USED TO know, compared to how little I know now. <sigh>

I’m seeing lack of performance on my iPad for the last few weeks. It will take several seconds for the page to continue loading. It used to be pretty fluid, but now it’s just annoying waiting for the posts to all show up. I know some of that is due to the Twitter and Instagram posts that get made, but it makes me hope that the new XenForo upgrade that’s coming will address some of these concerns.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I’m seeing lack of performance on my iPad for the last few weeks. It will take several seconds for the page to continue loading. It used to be pretty fluid, but now it’s just annoying waiting for the posts to all show up. I know some of that is due to the Twitter and Instagram posts that get made, but it makes me hope that the new XenForo upgrade that’s coming will address some of these concerns.

It has to be something local near you or it would be happening to everyone.

Now while I says local that may mean one of the cloud servers near you could be having an issue. Or maybe one of the JavaScript sites is acting up again. (I remember we had an issue with that a few years ago and I had to choose a different provider for those scripts)

Monitoring the servers shows all is running well except for about 2 minutes sometime after 12:15 eastern time. And that’s where the load jumps a bit. (Not much we go from 0.7 to around 2.1 for a few moments)

I will check the Java severs when I get back to the office later. Currently sitting in the chair at the dentists office as I broke a tooth the other night by smacking a glass against it when taking a drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has to be something local near you or it would be happening to everyone.

Now while I says local that may mean one of the cloud servers near you could be having an issue. Or maybe one of the JavaScript sites is acting up again. (I remember we had an issue with that a few years ago and I had to choose a different provider for those scripts)

Monitoring the servers shows all is running well except for about 2 minutes sometime after 12:15 eastern time. And that’s where the load jumps a bit. (Not much we go from 0.7 to around 2.1 for a few moments)

I will check the Java severs when I get back to the office later. Currently sitting in the chair at the dentists office as I broke a tooth the other night by smacking a glass against it when taking a drink.

I have the same issues with my ipad pro, no particular time, last couple of days.

I have the same issues with my ipad pro, no particular time, last couple of days.

That sounds like a JavaScript cloud issue.

Nothing has changed on our end I have been holding off on doing the software updates.

Again I will check it and change it when I get back to the office.

Ok back from the Dentist. I have changed the jQuery (what I was wrongly calling Javascript) to be hosted now from Microsoft.

Lets see how that does. I don't have my iPad with me, so I can't test performace on it at the moment.

I turned on the Console in my Safari browser, this showed up:
1684980954525.png
On the Timeline recording I did, it was close to 15 seconds to bring up the page.

• Wow
And if you notice you console that you posted the things that are not loading and are slowing down the loading are not coming from the SatelliteGuys server.

Unfortunately those are not our servers and I have no control over them.

And if you notice you console that you posted the things that are not loading and are slowing down the loading are not coming from the SatelliteGuys server.

Unfortunately those are not our servers and I have no control over them.
But something on this site is requesting these 3rd party sites download content that is no longer there. The example I gave was for the New EVs thread in the Pub.

It looks like Google owns Gstatic.com and uses it to cache content to speed up access speeds. The 404 errors must be requests for content that have been purged. But who decides?

From what it looks like at least one of the links is trying to pull a folding@home signature. Again not hosted by us.

Our Proxy.php that you may see is the system trying to pull and cache a graphic locally instead of downloading that graphic from the external site for each time the page is loaded or that graphic is called.

Once we have that graphic it is stored here for number of times sometimes it won’t download again until it directs they source graphic from remote has changed and others have specific caching times specified by the remote server. Some servers even specify NoCache to prevent sites from storing their graphics.

From what I know most of them are stored until there is a new version. How it selects that I don’t know it’s a function of the software.

But as your own tests show, again the issue is not anything going on with our servers. It’s timing out trying to fetch external things not on our servers. Again the first one looks like a folding@home signature it’s trying to pull.

Maybe I should remove the FAH Graphic from my Signature Block. *sniff* And I worked so hard to get just the right mix of SatGuys colors, too… ;)

Last edited: