MLB 2009 Season

Yep. Well respected source. Contrary to what you think Salsa, I know my stuff. :up

Oh HD, I never denied you know your stuff....I just think that sometimes you HAVE TO think outside the box.....to see ALL angles before a final opinion comes out. Instead of the usually cookie cutter mentality....;)

Today, Thursday February 12th, the Cleveland Indians pitchers and catchers have reported to their Spring Training location of Goodyear, Arizona! Hooray!

vCYKUWxW.jpg

Last edited:
Tribe to bring Frank Viola in as camp instructor....

Frank Viola, the 1987 World Series MVP and 1988 American League Cy Young Award winner for the Twins, will be in Major League camp as a Spring Training instructor. Indians pitchers and catchers were set to officially report for duty Thursday.

While the 48-year-old Viola has never previously been affiliated with the Indians' organization, he was a teammate of manager Eric Wedge when the two played for the Red Sox in 1992.

Viola will assist pitching coach Carl Willis and bullpen coach Chuck Hernandez with instruction in big league camp. He will also help out with the Minor League arms.

Welcome Franky!

Tribe brings on Viola as camp instructor | indians.com: News

Free agent pitchers and catchers have been down here for almost 3 weeks.

Who do you speak of, the Marlins? Are they a part of the Grapefruit League?

The Indians former Spring home was Winter Haven, Florida. Last year was our last year of 14 consecutive years of holding spring training there.

They are still putting the finishing touches on a state-of-the-art facility in Goodyear, Arizona. We are now a part of the Cactus League.

Tribe to bring Frank Viola in as camp instructor....

Frank Viola, the 1987 World Series MVP and 1988 American League Cy Young Award winner for the Twins, will be in Major League camp as a Spring Training instructor. Indians pitchers and catchers were set to officially report for duty Thursday.

While the 48-year-old Viola has never previously been affiliated with the Indians' organization, he was a teammate of manager Eric Wedge when the two played for the Red Sox in 1992.

Viola will assist pitching coach Carl Willis and bullpen coach Chuck Hernandez with instruction in big league camp. He will also help out with the Minor League arms.

Welcome Franky!

Tribe brings on Viola as camp instructor | indians.com: News

I met Frank a couple of years ago at the ESPN Restaurant on the Boardwalk in Disney World. I told him how much I appreciated his days with the Red Sox.

Great guy!!! :up

Who do you speak of, the Marlins? Are they a part of the Grapefruit League?

The Indians former Spring home was Winter Haven, Florida. Last year was our last year of 14 consecutive years of holding spring training there.

They are still putting the finishing touches on a state-of-the-art facility in Goodyear, Arizona. We are now a part of the Cactus League.

No....none of the above. ALOT of the free agents that have not hooked up with a team, were released from rookie ball to the big leagues, come down around the middle of January to workout in hopes of getting picked. I worked out last year with a couple of pitchers that needed a catcher to throw simulated innings for a few scouts. On occasion, you get a few vets. I worked out with Benito Santiago a few years back(in the weightroom at Florida International University or/and The U). I always try because it is a pro workout and I can pickup some stuff from the vets for my kids and get ready for my season....

...ah, the advantages of living in paradise....:p;););)

Sheets Undergoes Successful Surgery

By Drew Silva [February 12 at 9:35pm CST]
According to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports, Ben Sheets underwent successful elbow surgery Tuesday. A source claims that "a return in the second half is realistic barring setbacks." Sheets is shooting for August.
Clubs already are inquiring about signing Sheets for the second half. If healthy, he will be extremely attractive to contenders, who at that point could sign the former Brewers' ace without forfeiting a top draft pick, writes Rosenthal.
It doesn't sound like a team is going to take a chance on him before the season starts.

Spring Training Cliches

By Tim Dierkes [February 12, 2009 at 10:05am CST]
It's time for another edition of Spring Training Cliches here at RotoAuthority. Here's a look at last year's list. Readers are always a big help in compiling these links, so leave 'em in the comments or email me at rotoauthority@gmail.com.
Change in weight
New fitness program
Improved vision
Finally healthy
  • Travis Hafner - "[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3843683&name=olney_buster"]Moved Temporarily[/ame] from shoulder surgery, informing the front office that the feels much better, like the difference between day and night. He has also hired a personal chef and worked on his nutrition."
  • Shawn Hill - pain-free
Working on new pitch
Planning to attempt more stolen bases
  • None yet
Miscellaneous

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts