MLB 2009 Season

Is that really safe? My computer screen is an LCD flat panel, my TV is an LCD RPTV, and thought you weren't supposed to use Windex. I've never been clear on this. (No pun intended.) I was using some Monster concoction, which worked well, but it's too expensive, and I've run out of it.

Use a very mild small amount of dish soap on a soft cloth.

Ok, people. Back to baseball. Talk about pizza in the food forum please.

In the NL, they have NY, Chicago and Arizona winning their division with Atlanta making the Wild Card.

Once again, the Phillies are pushed to the back of the lunch line in favor of the turmoil-heavy, big-name, underachieving Mets- the Dallas Cowboys of baseball.

In the AL, they have Boston, Cleveland and Oakland winning their division with NY making the Wild Card.

Oakland?

I am an A's fan, and I give them NO chance of making the playoffs.

As far as I'm concerned, and most fans that KNOW baseball, the Angels will virtually clinch the division by the All-Star break!

Baseball Prospectus came out with their annual rankings...

In the AL, they have Boston, Cleveland and Oakland winning their division with NY making the Wild Card.

In the NL, they have NY, Chicago and Arizona winning their division with Atlanta making the Wild Card.

Baseball Prospectus | Depth Charts

Oakland?...OAKLAND?????????!!!!! What genius picked this team??? Michael Phelps???? Gimme some of what he is smokin' please!!!!!:eek:

I'm more perplexed about their win totals.

In the AL, they have the Indians and Athletics winning their divisions with 84 and 82 wins respectively. But in the East they have three teams with 90+ wins.

Don't they realize that the Red Sox/Yankees/Rays have to play 18 games against each other? :confused:

In baseball, one thing I have always believed: you have to win the games against the teams you have to beat.

In other words, when you play lousy teams, you can't afford any room for error.

In early June of 1978, the Red Sox were swept in a mini two-game series by a terrble A's team that lost 93 games.

Also, I remember they had a 9-game win streak snapped in June by a Mariners team that finished with the worst record in baseball.

Everyone talks about the Boston Massacre, but I look at those early games.

NEVER take those losses for granted.

A few wins or a few losses against the dregs of the league- there would have been no one-game playoff and no Bucky Dent.

This is why no team should just shrug off a bad game or two against a cellar-dweller!

In baseball, one thing I have always believed: you have to win the games against the teams you have to beat.

In other words, when you play lousy teams, you can't afford any room for error.

In early June of 1978, the Red Sox were swept in a mini two-game series by a terrble A's team that lost 93 games.

Also, I remember they had a 9-game win streak snapped in June by a Mariners team that finished with the worst record in baseball.

Everyone talks about the Boston Massacre, but I look at those early games.

NEVER take those losses for granted.

A few wins or a few losses against the dregs of the league- there would have been no one-game playoff and no Bucky Dent.

This is why no team should just shrug off a bad game or two against a cellar-dweller!

...AND never forget that an April game is just as important as a September game! The wins you hold in your pocket before Memorial Day could be your savior come October.

The wins you hold in your pocket before Memorial Day could be your savior come October

When the Rockies swept the Yankees in an Interleague series in June, that turned out to be crucial when:

A. The Yankees' streak of division titles was snapped

B. Colorado had a streak of wins that contributed, in the long-run, to their miracle run to the World Series

I didn't know you were a baseball prospectus guy??!! THAT is one of the baseball bibles to me....I LOVE that website.:up:up:up

I can see Cincinnati finishing 3rd in their division. If the starting pitching really comes together though, look out Cubs.

I looked at that an I gotta say, TO ME, there is no way the Marlins finish LAST and even LESS is that the Nationals, though I DO THINK thet have improved, will finish above the Marlins. I actually think they are gonna end up 2nd or 3rd and if EVERYTHING is aligned with the stars, they might sneek in the Wild Card spot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts