MLB 2012 Off Season News, Notes & Transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mets82 said:
Salsa, I havent heard but is Reyes going to the Marlins. I'll tell you what, with the Marlins talking to Reyes, Buerhle, Pujols and Fielder it seems like the Marlins are going for it. They wont get all 4 guys I mentioned but they'll get at least one I think.

This is the supposed "hit list" for the Marlin:
- Reyes
- CJ Wilson
- Gio Hernandez
- Buerle
- Mark Madsen
- Yoenis Cespedes
...and Maybe, either/or Pujols/Fielder

The last 2 are long shots.

I would be as happy as a pig in slop if they were able to get Reyes, Hernandez, Cespedes and Madsen...

When you guys get a chance, check youtube out for Cespedes. He is a 26 year old stud CF that defected from the Cuban National team and every single MLB exec and scout say he can play CF right now at the major league level. He had a work out set up in the Dominican Republic and rumor has it every single team in the majors had a scout, VPs and a check book read to sign him. He just broke the single season record for HRs abd is supposedly a 5 tool player that cannot miss.

The Boston Red Sox are taking a major step this week toward hiring a new manager as Dale Sveum will be in Milwaukee on Tuesday to meet with general manager Ben Cherington and Red Sox owners John W. Henry, Tom Werner and Larry Lucchino, according to two sources with direct knowledge of the managerial search.

The meeting is the strongest indication yet that he has emerged as the leading candidate. Late last week, team sources said Cherington is extremely high on Sveum.
Sources -- Dale Sveum gets 2nd meeting with Boston Red Sox - ESPN Boston

Wow...According to the Miami Herald and the Palm Beach Post...

..The Marlins made "substantial offers" to both Albert Pujols and Jose Reyes and have also offered a contract to Mark Buehrle. The team met with Pujols on Friday, Reyes on Wednesday and Buehrle on Tuesday of last week. They're also showing interest in Carlos Beltran.

I did NOT know they offered a contract to Pujols..! Whoa!:eek:

..The Marlins made "substantial offers" to both Albert Pujols and Jose Reyes and have also offered a contract to Mark Buehrle. The team met with Pujols on Friday, Reyes on Wednesday and Buehrle on Tuesday of last week. They're also showing interest in Carlos Beltran.

I did NOT know they offered a contract to Pujols..! Whoa!:eek:

That means they are interested in 1 of them, whichever says YES they will be happy with.
I doubt they are planning on signing all of them.

Kemp is about to sign an 8 year $160 million extension with the Dodgers

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

It inhibits personnel moves and brings a depressive environment to the team

Oh, I agree, but the ONLY reason they didn't play better ?

Did they sell the Dodgers yet, I heard rumors a few weeks back but didn't know if it went thru or not.

What I hate is when a new owner comes in and decides to NOT add MORE money and can't get players that would improve the team.

I hate to see Paps go, but damn 4/50 for a closer?!! :eek:

Unless your name is Mariano Rivera, the shelf life for a closer isn't very encouraging.

The Reds are paying Cordero something around 12Mil per

Justin Verlander unanimously wins the AL Cy Young Award.

Wait, John Lackey didn't receive any votes? :eek:

Heard today from a source... the Reyes offer is 6 years, $90 million..($15 million a year)

The Pujols offer, 6 years, $150 million...($25 million a year)

No word on the Buerhle offer....

All approx. offers....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)