MLB 2014-15 Hot Stove season

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Braves are in a FULL rebuild mode. Gattis traded to Astro's for prospects. Good ones it would appear. I would say the odds of a .500 season are not looking good.
I wonder when they'll get rid of B.J. Upton? If B.J. is still with the Braves on opening day,that will be a big shock,especially since he seemed to be the outfielder most criticized last season & the one the Braves seemed most willing to give up.

Who's his agent ?
Is it Boris ?
latest

No.

I wonder when they'll get rid of B.J. Upton? If B.J. is still with the Braves on opening day,that will be a big shock,especially since he seemed to be the outfielder most criticized last season & the one the Braves seemed most willing to give up.

I doubt if anyone would take on his contract. The Braves, at this point, will not just eat the contract like they did with Uggla.

Tomorrow we may see where Max Scherzer lands ... looks like it's Washington or 1 other unknown team (possibly Tigers ?) ...

I would have thought the Cards would have been in the running but reports are saying that they are not in the running.

If Scherzer goes, do the Tigers swoop in and sign James Shields ?

Trade for the Nats Zimmerman (I would love this move if we didn't give up current position players.)

Well, it's official, Max Scherer and Scott Borax has moved on to Washington.
Boras continues his typical negotiating BS ....Man said all along the he would like to STAY in Detroit but Boss Boras has a reputation to uphold.
Not sure I can remember the last time a Boras client signed with the same team and wasn't excessively over charged.

Good for Boras, bad for client if they have desire to stay.

Only option I can see would be to Sign with a different Agent.
Then again, Scherzer did intend to break the bank of whoever he signed with.

Would be an interesting twist if Washington's Zimmerman was a Free Agent where Detroit could turn around and sign their best guy, but he'll be traded instead which would cost the Tigers even more.

What I would be interested in is finding out how many of Boras' clients win a World Series after signing these huge deals. A quick look at his client list shows its probably not too many....

Last edited:
Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2...worth-210-million/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs
Bill BaerJan 19, 2015, 11:45 AM EST Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports that Max Scherzer‘s seven-year deal with the Nationals is worth $210 million. He adds that half of it will be deferred; he’ll receive $15 million per year for 14 years. That means he’ll be on the Nationals’ books through 2028.Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports reports that Scherzer’s deal also includes a $50 million signing bonus to be paid out over an unspecified amount of time. Due to the deferrals, Passan notes that the total value of Scherzer’s contract will come out to less than $210 million. He estimates $185 million.Scherzer turned down a six-year, $144 million offer from the Tigers in March. He gambled and won big.With Scherzer in the fold, the Nationals are now close to $150 million in total payroll going into the 2015 season.

With scherzer, the tone was set with the public outing of his turndown of the offer during spring training. After the parties spoke I knew it was his final season

While it's not my money, the have a lot of money out there with other contracts

With scherzer, the tone was set with the public outing of his turndown of the offer during spring training. After the parties spoke I knew it was his final season

While it's not my money, the have a lot of money out there with other contracts
Here's an idea, sign Shields and then trade him to Washington for Zimmerman !

I can't wait for the Phillies to get going! All they need is an outfield, an infield, starting pitching, relief pitching, a younger catcher, and a bench. Other than that they're good to go. :rip

One thing is for sure...the Nationals will have the best stating rotation is baseball next season. Offhand, the Tigers are going to have scramble in order to make up for losing Scherzer and Porcello.
Yup, that stud Rotation is now down to Price, a somewhat questionable Verlander (heres hoping he bounces back big this year) and Sanchez.

I am still waiting for someone to explain to me why, if the Braves are rebuilding, they signed Nick Markkakas. To me, that makes no sense whatsoever to sign him for 44 million, knowing he needed neck surgery. I just don't get it!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)