MLB 2023 Season

Looks like the Astros got the right guy for a GM Former Braves Dana Brown ....
I like his aggressive style of signing Star players ... MUCH better than having them walk away a few years later because thier price has increased 10 fold.

Too bad the Red Sox couldn't find someone like him .... they may still have Stars all the way back to Mookie Betts and Company.

They admit they have not been calling a balk right for years.
In the cases of Garcia and Clevinger, their potential violations come from the windup, in which they have significant movement, with Garcia rocking his arms and taking two side-steps before throwing and Clevinger looking like he's dancing with his foot movement. Clock operators are supposed to turn off the pitch timer when a pitcher starts his delivery and, accordingly, umpires have been told that a pitcher is allowed one step to the back or side before moving toward the plate to throw. Gausman's and Jansen's issues are out of the stretch. Gausman would tap his front foot and not come to a fully set position, while Jansen would come set, then twitch his front hip and leg. Out of the set position, the clock stops when a pitcher lifts his front leg.

RIP to Tim McCarver. He played in four different decades and caught legendary pitchers Bob Gibson, Juan Marichal, Steve Carlton and Luis Tiant. But he was definitely more widely known for being the October voice of baseball for several years. As a broadcaster he was a polarizing figure, but one can’t deny his knowledge and passion for the game. He was also part of what I consider to be one of the greatest announcer teams in any sport, when he joined Al Michaels and Jim Palmer on ABC in the 1980’s.

Absolute sickening sight!!
IMG_2669.JPG

I'm watching some ... USA and Venezuela mainly ... when I'm home with nothing else going on ...
Seams most of the games I'm looking for are 9 or 10 pm starts.

So over the years I have run fantasy baseball leagues. Is there an interest to do one here? I'll set it up if enough people want to do it.

I dont like that players are playing so hard and every time we get lots of injuries especially pitchers. But some great teams thats for sure!
The games are on so late, I don't really know who's on the teams. I just don't care about it. It's not like the World Cup.

I dont like that players are playing so hard and every time we get lots of injuries especially pitchers. But some great teams thats for sure!
I don't like the fact that those that are MLB players have had No time to get ready, such as a Spring Training, I don't know if others have had time to get in game shape or not, but I'm sure this could be Even better if they were.

I don't like the fact that those that are MLB players have had No time to get ready, such as a Spring Training, I don't know if others have had time to get in game shape or not, but I'm sure this could be Even better if they were.
Yep....and look at some of the starts that are out for part or all of the season

Yep....and look at some of the starts that are out for part or all of the season
Yup .... Diaz Mets Closer (although I don't see him listed on the Mets roster) done for season last I heard.
Astros 2B Altuve out possibly 2 months, maybe more.

Those two are huge ....

I'm sure there are others.

Moncota has brused ribs, day to day....and I bet there is AAA or others....to early to go balls out....imho

So, now, we are 2, (1) days away from the Start of the Season ...
Will I be able to watch my team on D*'s Extra Innings ?
That is RSN based ....
Normally, I can watch it on the EI Channel number Or the RSN number, its the same feed.

The good news- Opening Day will be sunny at Fenway Park tomorrow

The bad news- the high temp will be 42* with a wind chill in the high 20’s/low 30’s. Ironically, it was 52* on January 2nd when the Bruins played the Penguins at Fenway in the NHL Winter Classic.

The FUGLY news- the Red Sox roster

Oh well, hope springs eternal. Happy Opening Day

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: Howard Simmons