Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
If your a baseball fan and have an iPhone you will want to get the new MLB At Bat program for the iPhone.

It givse you live coverage of the game on screen, plus you can listen to live audio of the games (both home feeds and away feeds)

I have been listening to a few games today and watching the display, this is a well oiled machine.

The app which includes the entire season of live audio is only $9.99 from the iTunes store. Much cheaper then XM and you can take it anywhere. :)

Bought the app last season and it was a great little app, although the live audio is new for this season.

They have a Lite edition (free) which is just basically updated scores but it's not as good as the mlb.com iphone ready site which will give you what the full priced app has (in-game stats) except the live audio.

I hope they update it. It has crashed on me numerous times today and the audio has been spotty at best. I couldn't get a feed on the Ari-Col game yesterday until later in the game and then only from the away feed.

David

If its crashing reboot your phone.

I used it last night and it worked great. And the highlights videos looked great as well.

They updated it yesterday. I bought it this weekend because I was out of town and away from my D* EI subscription. It is one sweet little app. I have the original iPhone so only have EDGE and the audio works on EDGE. Sweet!

I got this app over the weekend because I was away from home and away from my D* EI sub. They updated it yesterday. The non-blacked out team audio is sweet and even works on my original iPhone on EDGE. Sweet!

I picked up this app yesterday. It works great but I just wish you could minimize it. If I'm listening to the game it'd be cool to be able to use the browser on the phone or do something else other than just have the app up. I also lost the audio a few times during the day but that may be a low battery issue.

Yes ineed if you could keep this app running in the background it would be AWSOME!

(You can do it if you Jailbreak your phone.. but I have unjailbroken mine a few weeks ago)

Cool! Think I just saved money by hosing Sirius/XM! :D

But do you have to subscribe to MLB GameDay Audio as well?

Gameday Audio is included with the App price, so no.

This is the one thing I could truly say I've missed since leaving XM. It's great to hear Vin Scully's voice again. :cool:

Did a search regarding the MLB At Bat app and found this thread. Looks like its $20 this year. I am wondering about sharing the app. We have 3 Iphones in our house on the same Verizon account and also my youngest son has an Ipod touch. I had read somewhere that iphone apps can be shared among family members, but I am a non power user and barely can operate the few apps I use (yes I have the sat guys app (-;). Also I am wondering about data usage with the radio feed, does it eat a lot of bandwidth? We are sharing 4 gigs and we use wi-fi whenever we can. Thanks.

Normally you can share apps from iDevice to iDevice as long as they are on the same iTunes account. This is by far my most used app during the summer. I have used it multiple times daily during the season for the last 3 or 4 years.

I subscribe to MLB.tv so the At Bat premium app is included in my subscription so I'm not sure how it works if you get the app by itself. If they give you a MLB audio account you can just download the free version of the APP and log in with your MLB account. This allows you to log in on whatever devices you want so you would only have to buy it once and use it on iPhone, iPad, Android, PC, etc...

When you just get the audio by purchasing the premium app from the app store it might not work the same way. They might not actually give you an audio account and just give you access through your iTunes account only.

Edit: http://mlb.mlb.com/mobile/atbat/ According to the official MLB website they do actually give you a cross platform universal audio account. You can log on with this account on PC/MAC, iPhone, iPad, Android, etc... Meaning yes you can buy it once and share it on multiple devices. You can also use it on multiple devices at the same time. Me and my Dad often have live game video or audio streaming at the same time on my account.

As for bandwidth, I can't give you an exact amount but I don't think you will see that big of a hit. We also have a Verizon share everything plan with 4GB of shared Data. We have 3 iPhones and 2 iPads sharing that data but even with all of that we rarely even reach 2GB. Between Podcasts, MLB at Bat, and Pandora I am almost constantly streaming something when I drive or when I sit at my desk at work. Of course, all of us do connect to WiFi at home and our offices so that has a big impact on the amount of bandwidth we use.

Last edited:
OK I looked at MLB.TV and it is more than I can spend right now. I think I will just download the At Bat App and create an account. Then I can try to down load the app to my son's phones. One site I looked at said that if my son's log in to Itunes using my account it will let them download the app to their phone for free.

But his phone will only be able to sync to one iTunes account at a time. I would just download the app on your phone first. It should then make you make an MLB.com account so you can stream on your PC or other devices. He would then just download the free version of MLB at Bat and then log in with your account. Once the free version is logged in with a premium account they are the exact same app. They even tell us MLB.tv subscribers to download the free app and then log in with our MLB.tv account instead of buying the paid app.

The APP is free if you have an MLB.TV subscription. Once you download it, it is free each year after. It used to cost each year.

I just wanted to say thanks again to those that offered input on this. I was able to download the app and I and my sons are enjoying it on our phones. It was just as easy as described by king3pj. Using the app took a little getting used to but not long and I think it is a great value for $20.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)