MLB Extra Innings 2012 Now Available

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Bluemonick said:
if you dont get MLB network and you subscribe to Extra Innings, does it come with MLBN??? (directv)

It did last year.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

If it is part of the package it probably will not be turned on until EI goes live.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Wait a second, it is not listing MLB Network as included as part of the package on the EI page. Wasnt this the reason Dish Network got in a disupute with MLB in first place???

The dispute was about being allowed to carry MLBNet without carrying EI. MLBNet does not have to be part of the EI package.

Call DirecTV and asked to speak to someone in programming who is knowledgable about EI. Ask them if MLBNet is part of the package. If not, see if they are willing to turn it on for you during the season if you sign up for EI like they did with RZ for those that did not sub for ST tell them the only way you will pay for it is if they activate MLBNet for you. You may get lucky

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Can anyone else confirm this that has a lower package+ MLBEI??

edit: I know no games are on, but you can check your channel access to MLBN in guide.

Last year I moved down to the Family Plan, and MLB Network was still there, I assumed it was because of EI, A few days after the season ended MLB Network was gone. Just checked yesterday and I have it back. That's a huge plus if they can be more competitive with the price.

I've seen a price of $216 for MLBEI...is that the HD version? For those of you that have subbed to it in the past...pros/cons. Also, any bargain prices or discounts available? Thanks to all.

I've seen a price of $216 for MLBEI...is that the HD version? For those of you that have subbed to it in the past...pros/cons. Also, any bargain prices or discounts available? Thanks to all.
yes, that is the price for this year right now. i already paid for the upcoming season. there is tax on top of that too. and yes that is the HD version, with directv you get both channels. i had it through comcast and directv last year as i switched from comcast to dfirectv 3/4 way through the baseball season so i had it from both. directv blows comcast away. if you do not have bandwidth restrictions on your internet you can subscribe though MLB over the internet for cheaper but the quality is little bit below from directv.

I Just called...and I was dealing with retention (I did the whole tight budget, MLB.TV offers the same product at a cheaper cost) and was told there were no discounts available at this time. I even asked if I were to pay it one installment could they offer any discounts and the rep told me at this time nothing was available and that she personally would wait because once I did that any discounts that they may offer in a few weeks may not apply. She basically told me call back in a few weeks.

This is going to be a tough call if they won't come down at all on price.

I'm going to MLB.tv this year for the first time. I've had EI with DirecTV the past three years or so, but I now have an iphone and ipad, so the easier streaming (vs the slingbox) will be nice. $90 cheaper, and my account with Directv isn't eligible for any discounts, so it just makes more sense. I was going to switch last year but Directv game me $20 off each EI payment so I stayed with EI.

Nooooooo, who will I steal games from now. LOL

I Just called...and I was dealing with retention (I did the whole tight budget, MLB.TV offers the same product at a cheaper cost) and was told there were no discounts available at this time. I even asked if I were to pay it one installment could they offer any discounts and the rep told me at this time nothing was available and that she personally would wait because once I did that any discounts that they may offer in a few weeks may not apply. She basically told me call back in a few weeks.

This is going to be a tough call if they won't come down at all on price.

Be a little patient. It's six weeks out from the beginning of the regular season. All the pre-season games are available if you are subscribed to at least Choice. It's way to early for the good deals if they are going to offer any.

MLB.TV's full spring training schedule is now available here. Spring Training MLB.TV Broadcasts | MLB.com: Schedule The first available spring training games start March 3rd. These spring training games have no blackouts and at least for those of us in the Detroit Tigers area a lot of them aren't available on the local RSN.

I just went through and set calender alerts for all the televised Tigers spring training games.

MLB Network reairs most of the RSN games too (all RSNs), though their schedule isn't out yet, last year they advertised 150 games in spring training, though many were tape delayed from earlier in the day.

That's the same number they are advertising live on MLB.TV so it looks like all or at least most of these games will be available later on MLB Network. Is EI also live for spring training? Most of these games will be carried live one one of the teams RSNs so I would think EI subscribers would get them live too.

EI does not include spring training. Adding sports pack for March though will get most games live. The exception being games that are on RSNs that Directv doesn't carry or OTA stations.

If there is 150 televised spring games, sports pack could probably get around 130 of them (just a guess, I didn't count or anything).

The sports pack in March is a little less valuable as the last couple years MLB Net has done a great job showing nearly all of the games within 12 hours of them being played.

I just called in and asked if there was any discounts for MLB EI. After talking to a nice young lady she could not give me a discount off the price but could give me $10 off a month for 12 months to make it more affordable in the long run.

Cool AtBat 2012 just came out today and it is the same APP this year for both the iPhone and iPad. No need to purchase both separately.

If you have an MLB.TV Premium account it is free for both.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)