MLB Extra Innings 2012 Now Available

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Well, I subscribe to a ton of of sports packages.. Other then that I'm not sure.

I also made them aware that I'll be purchasing Direct Kick with them whenever it is offered.. The MLS season starts in March so it has to be soon.

Last edited:
Also, for those not aware go through retentions.. Cancel service, cancel service during initial prompt. :)

Cool, called to cancel my auto renewal of MLB EI and was offered a $20 bill credit for 6 months...in essence a $120 discount, so I'm keeping the baseball package. Always pleased when I call DirecTV.

I am a Dish customer but I'm pretty sure I will also be getting MLB.TV this season for my PS3. I would rather have EI but Dish doesn't offer it and I don't plan on switching unless Directv gives it away free for new customers like they did with Sunday Ticket this season. Even then its only a maybe.

I've never subscribed to an out of market sports package before but MLB.TV seems like a great deal. There are games every night of the week and for $120 or whatever it costs you can't beat it.

I've had it before and it's probably the best out of market deal of all major sports. Even with a poor connection it works (obviously the faster the better PQ). This year, I'll try a proxy and see if I can bypass stupid Fox Saturday blackouts.

I've had it before and it's probably the best out of market deal of all major sports. Even with a poor connection it works (obviously the faster the better PQ). This year, I'll try a proxy and see if I can bypass stupid Fox Saturday blackouts.

How do you set that up and does it work?

I just got off the phone with them, no luck, only offer was 5 bucks off each installment pymt. - big deal. I cancelled!
I may give MLB TV a try on my roku?
Btw, last year they discounted the price like $70 for me but not this time, oh well, didn't really get my money's worth anyways, so many games are now on espn, MLB ch., and my local rsn.

Any word on MLB.tv pricing? Was looking around this morning but couldn't find the info.. Perhaps I should look harder? :)

I just remember a price floating around at this time last year.. With MLS and MLB on my new Panasonic I'm tempted to put my D* service on hold for the summer and take that route(we have Fios service as well)...

I haven't seen any pricing from this year yet. I believe it was $119 for premium and $99 for standard for the last 2 years though.

I love EI, but $209 is sure a lot to pay for it.

I guess that's still a great deal as compared to going to games. Just feels high as compared to MLB.TV

I'd rather have the games on my HDTV, as I always have a lot of windows open on my PC.

dfecarter, that wasn't a bad deal they offered you. $5 off per installment cuts the price by almost 15%.

I love EI, but $209 is sure a lot to pay for it.

I guess that's still a great deal as compared to going to games. Just feels high as compared to MLB.TV

I'd rather have the games on my HDTV, as I always have a lot of windows open on my PC.

dfecarter, that wasn't a bad deal they offered you. $5 off per installment cuts the price by almost 15%.
You can of the games in HD on your HDTV with MLB.TV using a streaming device such as a PS3 or Roku.

Not all devices are the same though with some having much better streaming and PQ capabilities than others. PS3 being the best of all of them for streaming MLB.TV

You can of the games in HD on your HDTV with MLB.TV using a streaming device such as a PS3 or Roku.

Not all devices are the same though with some having much better streaming and PQ capabilities than others. PS3 being the best of all of them for streaming MLB.TV

I don't own any of those devices. Last time I checked out the ROKU box, it supported only 720p and my set accepts only 1080i.

one thing you have to remember with streaming the games over the internet is some like me have bandwidth caps that we have to watch. comcast limits me to 250gb per month.

MLB.TV Devices | MLB.com: Subscriptions

You might want to invest in one of the devices on this page. You can probably get one of them that works for you for about the difference in price between MLB.TV and EI. You will basically be getting the device free because you were going to spend that on EI anyways and you can save some money on future seasons plus you will have a device that can stream other sports packages and things like Netflix.

one thing you have to remember with streaming the games over the internet is some like me have bandwidth caps that we have to watch. comcast limits me to 250gb per month.
That would suck. 250gb on computers can go very quickly, especially if you stream videos and live events.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts