mlb games on sirius???

The current deal has another year to run and then MLB has a three year option. This comes up every year but MLB has no incentive to change the contract.

This deal was worded differently than many others and it gave XM the right to carry the games on the XM satellites. So unless MLB and XM/Sirius can agree on new terms they cannot put the games on the Sirius birds.

This maybe true, but sounds ridiculous seeing the companies merged ....
Then again theycant even figure out how to do 1 bill or mergve for people with both account so they don't have to pay twice.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Now that I owna foed with Sync I would love to hear games on Sirius. I see they added it to internet subs but it apparently still is not available on a SIrius radio.

This maybe true, but sounds ridiculous seeing the companies merged ....
Then again theycant even figure out how to do 1 bill or mergve for people with both account so they don't have to pay twice.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

amen +1

while they are "technically" 2 companies why is it the NFL package can be had on XM with the right package (it was carried on SIrius before) yet MLB cant be listened to on Sirius?

Doesn't seem fair for a Sirius sub to not receive MLB if the have the Best of XM package. Perhaps there are contractual restraints.

there are contractual restraints. MLB insists they sold XM the right to broadcast the games on XM satellites only. The other sports have amended their deals and are enjoying extra revenue. I would have stuck with XM but I bought a car with Sirius built in. So I am locked out of the sport I care about most. Such is life I guess.

The nice thing about the online play by play that does not exist on the radio is that each team has its own station. Not only will your team's broadcast always be on the same station with your team's logo, you can always listen to your team's feed even if they are on the road.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)