MLB Magic Numbers and Eliminations

Another night, another time a Red Sox starter can't through the fourth inning.:flame:

Thanks to rookie catcher Ryan Lavernway, the Sox are up 5-3 through four.

Rays win and the Sox are winning. Stays this way, the winner of tomorrow's game with the other team losing will win the WC; otherwise any other scenario (both winning or both losing) will lead to a 1 game playoff on Thursday.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Rays win and the Sox are winning. Stays this way, the winner of tomorrow's game with the other team losing will win the WC; otherwise any other scenario (both winning or both losing) will lead to a 1 game playoff on Thursday.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Also, in the NL the Braves lost again and the Cardinals are losing to the Astros 6-5 in the 7th inning.

If the Cards come back and win, they'll be tied with the Braves going into the last day of the season.

MLB announced today the start times for the potential "play-in" games on Thursday (both games would be on TBS):

4:07pm ET- Boston at Tampa Bay
8:07pm ET- Atlanta at St. Louis

Going into Game #162...............

A.L. Wild Card
Rays...........90-71
Red Sox......90-71

Wednesday Night:

Red Sox (Lester) at Orioles (Simon)- 7:05pm ET
Yankees (????) at Rays (Price)- 7:10pm ET

A.L. Wild Card
Rays...........90-71
Red Sox......90-71

Wednesday Night:

Now you'll find out what the yankees think about the Sox getting in the playoffs ....

Will they start a call up from the farm for the last game, or pitch someone thats capable of winning ?

Now you'll find out what the yankees think about the Sox getting in the playoffs ....

Will they start a call up from the farm for the last game, or pitch someone thats capable of winning ?

Truth be told, IF I'M THE YANKEES, I don't want any part of the Rays (and their pitching) in the playoffs.

A.L. Wild Card
Rays...........90-71
Red Sox......90-71

Wednesday Night:

AND.........

N.L. Wild Card
Cardinals......89-72
Braves.........89-72

Wednesday Night:

Phillies (Blanton) at Braves (Hudson)- 7:10pm ET
Cardinals (Carpenter) at Astros (Myers)- 8:05pm ET

Truth be told, IF I'M THE YANKEES, I don't want any part of the Rays (and their pitching) in the playoffs.

Bill, thats a very good point. I wouldnt want the Rays either but if your the Yankees I'd play the scrubs too. God forbid, Jeter, Tex, Grandson play and get hurt tonight. Even if Red Sox Nation doesnt like it, the Red Sox have nobody to blame but themselves. I mean the Red Sox havent been neck in neck with the Rays all year. The Red Sox had a 9 game lead on the Rays on September 2.

Bill, thats a very good point. I wouldnt want the Rays either but if your the Yankees I'd play the scrubs too. God forbid, Jeter, Tex, Grandson play and get hurt tonight. Even if Red Sox Nation doesnt like it, the Red Sox have nobody to blame but themselves. I mean the Red Sox havent been neck in neck with the Rays all year. The Red Sox had a 9 game lead on the Rays on September 2.

You'll get no argument from me.

The Yankees have EARNED the right to do whatever they want to do! They've completed all their heavy lifting, and are now reaping the rewards from that.

If the Red Sox or any fans don't like it...........tough!!!

Last edited:
This is the first time we have ever had both WC slots tied in the last game of the season

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts