MLB online it up

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Unblock us shows me in the UK for MLB.tv games. This allows me to watch the Tigers in market. I would use a service that shows your location outside of a blackout area instead of one that just hides your location completely. The billing address doesn't affect me.
So this works by setting your Netflix location? Can you have it set for a US city so that it doesn't affect Netflix?

So this works by setting your Netflix location? Can you have it set for a US city so that it doesn't affect Netflix?

Unblock-us works for several services. The only thing I use it for is MLB.tv but other people use it for other services like Netflix. They automatically show a location for MLB.tv that isn't in a blackout zone with no intervention on your part.

Netflix has different content available in different regions so they give you a choice. From what I have read, it sounds like most people who use it are actually in other countries and want American Netflix content.

The location data is decided on a per-application basis. It completely ignores most content and only works for the specific services they list support for. Like you, I don't want my Netflix affected so I just leave that option set to the default (US). If I did want to change my Netflix to a different region I could do that and it wouldn't affect any of my other services. Basically, you can just leave the Netflix setting on US and MLB.tv still won't be blacked out.

A bit of trivia re Directv's feed and the MLBtv feed via Roku...the picture quality of the Dtv feed is better as well as being about 30 seconds ahead of the MLB feed of the same game.

I certainly should hope so! Directv's feed uses more bandwidth for the HD video than the roku and has fewer processing chains to go through for directv than the MLB.tv feed that you can watch on a roku.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts