Mobile DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think it can still be a factor on mobile DVR. When I tried it on an Airport Extreme router without port forwarding it would pass 5 of the 6 tests and I couldn't get anything to work out of my home.
I setup the port forwarding with the same ports as the Genie Go used to use, and rebooted the router, and it worked over a cellular connection and has worked since.

Apple routers don't use uPNP so it is definitely a good idea with them. many routers should self configure to the Genie's request.

Since you have an airport extreme and an additional router, are you absolutely sure the Apple airport extreme is not routing? Putting things behind a dual NAT can cause a mess with things like this. Much internet traffic would work fine with two routers, but things like uploading streaming video may not. Something worth checking anyway.

Since you have an airport extreme and an additional router, are you absolutely sure the Apple airport extreme is not routing? Putting things behind a dual NAT can cause a mess with things like this. Much internet traffic would work fine with two routers, but things like uploading streaming video may not. Something worth checking anyway.

I got on apples site and googled several different sites to make sure that I disabled the networking and wireless in the AirPort Extreme. As far as the port forwarding it did not seem to make a difference for me but nothing has to this point. I just can't figure this out even with all you wizards! And you guys know everything. I pray next week will bring a magical fix for me and the others that are struggling w this. Thanks for continuing to try to help and if you think of anything else, plz let me know.

Sent from my iPhone

Have you tried deleting the DIRECTV app and reinstalling? I had to do this twice before mine would work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I appreciate all the discussions. Will try several things to get it to work, might just wait until Sept. 8th for the updated roll-out

I appreciate all the discussions. Will try several things to get it to work, might just wait until Sept. 8th for the updated roll-out

Rick I also really appreciate everyone that has tried to help me and others experiencing this problem. You guys are very knowledgeable and I know we will get this worked out. Thanks again to all of you guys that help us out.

Sent from my iPhone

Hey guys, in a different area, but still with the Mobile DVR ....
When you pull up the guide and go to Live streaming .... Are you not suppose to get your Locals ?
If not, then a large part of the advantage of mobile use is taken away.
I get locals on my Sat feed, you'd think you'd get them on the mobile.

When you pull up the guide and go to Live streaming .... Are you not suppose to get your Locals ?
I get locals on my Sat feed, you'd think you'd get them on the mobile.

Yes, I agree. My locals all show up for live streaming.

I get locals on my Sat feed, you'd think you'd get them on the mobile.Hmm, so when
Yes, I agree. My locals all show up for live streaming.
you pull up the guide, live, your locals show up ...
Wonder why they are not here.... :confused:

force a software download

Make sure your genie is connected to your home network,

reboot your genie.

open directv app

settings, mobile dvr, pair devices

.......if it fails log out of app and retry

reboot genie try again,

if fails more let the genie sit for some time log out of app and retry. it is beta. takes time to work.
you have to be on same home network.

oh and over 5mbps network needed

force a software download

Make sure your genie is connected to your home network,

reboot your genie.

open directv app

settings, mobile dvr, pair devices

.......if it fails log out of app and retry

reboot genie try again,

if fails more let the genie sit for some time log out of app and retry. it is beta. takes time to work.
you have to be on same home network.

oh and over 5mbps network needed
I just downloaded the latest software on Friday night ....
I'm connected to the only network I have, my home WiFi network.

Doesn't appear to be an option to fast forward recorded shows. I understand not being able to FF through on demand content but I should be able to FF through shows I've recorded and downloaded. That is a bit disappointing.

Jimbo - my locals do show up but take about 15-20 seconds after I hit live streaming. The channels that don't come from directv servers directly seem to take a bit longer to show.

Doesn't appear to be an option to fast forward recorded shows. I understand not being able to FF through on demand content but I should be able to FF through shows I've recorded and downloaded. That is a bit disappointing.

You'll need to use the timeline slider which is a pain.
Hopefully update with ff will come soon.

Yes, this aspect is a big downgrade for me, coming from Tivo's app.

Yes, this aspect is a big downgrade for me, coming from Tivo's app.
Well...........Seeing its still not officially out?....I will give them a year.....Every time Dish changes there setup, all kinds of problems crop up.....and it takes them months to fix.....If they fix.

I have the exact issue that is first described with this thread. It tells me that I must be connected to my home network. I am. I have triple checked everything that I understand how to check. September 8th is coming soon...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts