Monsters-HD: Movies Reviews

Monsters-HD Alert: Dawn of the Dead Tonight at 730pm!

I started watching it about 25 minutes ago and it is quite ugly with all the zombies eating stomach, arms, legs, etc... :lick but it's quite good... It will be shown again tonight at 7:30pm.

SYNOPSIS: Cannibal zombies pursue a couple and two former National Guardsmen in Philadelphia. Directed by George Romero.

DATE / TIME: January 24: 12:15PM, 7:30PM
January 25: 2:45AM

Check out Dead Alive afterwards. Now that has some over the top ugly stuff. It's also quite funny if you have a dark sense of humor. The same Peter Jackson who directed The Lord of the Rings directed this splatter opus.

Stacey,

I agree with you... I love this type of gendre and it is why I am so high with Monsters-HD. I know some are not but I look forward to see the old movie monsters even something like "Night of the Living Dead" the original black and white. Hey! that's me. :)

Just watched the original version of Night of the Living Dead in black and White. It surprises me that this movie still makes you jumpy. Great flick!

This movie was fantastic (sorry Tim that you missed it!). It saw it completly tonight and it was stunning. I am sure it will be repeated and I will let you know when I see it again.

Monsters-HDAlert: Gamera 2 & 3 1/25 2pm & 4pm respectively

Gamera 2: Assault of the Legion

SYNOPSIS: A flying turtle battles insectlike creatures in Tokyo after they emerge from a meteor.

DATE / TIME: January 25: 6:05AM, 2:00PM, 10:00PM

Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris

SYNOPSIS: A teenager trains the Gyaos birds, Gamera's enemies, to avenge her parents who were killed by the monster.

DATE / TIME: January 25: 8:00AM, 4:00PM
January 26: 12:00AM

Doctors: Retitled 'Chainsaw' Insults Schizophrenics

Found this piece of news interested about the "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" movie.

Doctors: Retitled 'Chainsaw' Insults Schizophrenics

ATHENS (Reuters) - The remake of cult horror classic "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre," which tells the gruesome story of a mad serial killer, has infuriated Greek psychiatrists.

It's not the gore or violence that has the doctors up in arms, but the film's Greek-language title: "The Schizophrenic Chainsaw Killer."

"The title has no relation to the English title, the protagonist of the movie is not suffering from schizophrenia and so it is insulting and demeaning to those suffering from it," the heads of three local psychiatric groups said Wednesday in a joint statement.

"The Greek title reproduces the stereotype that everyone suffering from schizophrenia is violent and dangerous."

In the film, Leatherface, wearing a mask made of human skin, kills and mutilates his innocent victims using a chainsaw.

One of the Greek psychiatric groups said the Greek film distributor had agreed to run a short notice before the film pointing out that Leatherface was not schizophrenic.

The 1974 original and a 1986 sequel are both also known in Greece as "The schizophrenic chainsaw killer."

Source

Space Amoeba is showing now. Look at the difference OAR! If Monsters would show all its movies in its OAR it will be a dream come true! The movie, old, but it looks great without cropping.

Dagora the Space Monster in OAR as well! Maybe Monster has decided that these Japanese movies are going to be shown in OAR. This is great! The movie might not be that great to some of us but it is much better to watch it OAR.

Monsters lovers should watch Monsterama now showing on Monsters-HD. Great graphics, great HD, great monsters documentary... Wow!!

Sean Mota said:
Dagora the Space Monster in OAR as well! Maybe Monster has decided that these Japanese movies are going to be shown in OAR. This is great! The movie might not be that great to some of us but it is much better to watch it OAR.

Sorry, being an extreme newbie, what is OAR?

Monsters-HD Alert: Troll & Troll 2, 2/11 6:30PM and 8:00PM

Troll

SYNOPSIS: A San Francisco couple's son enters a magic world to rescue his sister from a troll.

DATE / TIME: February 11: 10:30AM, 6:30PM
February 12: 1:00AM

Troll 2

SYNOPSIS: A little boy enters a realm of darkness to save his family from the bogyman of his nightmare.

DATE / TIME: February 11: 12:00PM, 8:00PM
February 12: 2:30AM

Monsters-HD Alert: Frankenstein Movie Day, 2/15

If you are monster lover of Frankenstein, tomorrow Monsters-HD will have a Frankenstein Movie day. All in HD DD5.1

• Frankenstein Meets the Space Monster: 6:00am, 1:00pm, 8:00pm
  • I Was a Teenage Frankenstein: 7:30am, 2:30pm, 9:30pm
  • How to Make a Monster: 9:00am, 4:00pm, 11:00pm
  • Frankenstein Conquers the World: 10:00am, 5:00pm
  • Frankenstein and the Monster From Hell: 11:30am, 6:30pm

Monsters-HD Alert: Werewolf Day on 2/28/04

I Was a Teenage Werewolf

SYNOPSIS: A meat-eating teenager sees a psychiatrist, who only makes things worse.
DATE / TIME: February 28: 6:05AM, 2:00PM

Werewolves on Wheels

SYNOPSIS: A biker gang and its leader fall prey to a satan worshipper and his cult.

DATE / TIME: February 28: 7:30AM, 3:30PM

Howling III: The Marsupials

SYNOPSIS: An Australian scientist finds marsupial werewolves, one of whom finds work in a horror movie.

DATE / TIME: February 28: 9:00AM, 5:00PM

An American Werewolf in London

SYNOPSIS: A New York student becomes the scourge of London after being bitten by a beast on the moors.

DATE / TIME: February 28: 10:30AM, 6:30PM, 10:00PM

Ginger Snaps II: Unleashed

SYNOPSIS: A patient at a rehabilitation center tries to prevent a young woman from transforming into a werewolf.

DATE / TIME: February 28: 12:15PM, 8:15PM, 11:45PM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)