This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Montana PBS moving

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I was doing some reading tonight and wanted to bring something to everyone's attention who watches Montana PBS. Come Monday, they are moving frequencies.

Same satellite
different frequencies

Full Article

On Monday, August 14th, 2006, at 10:00am MST, MontanaPBS will execute a required frequency change for its satellite delivered service. This change will require all users and viewers of this service to update the tuning parameters on their digital receivers. Complete tuning information is available below.

The only change in the MontanaPBS service will be the downlink frequency (Now 12145 MHz ), all other tuning information will remain the same.

Satellite: AMC-3, Ku Band (87 deg W)
Polarity: Horizontal
Transponder: 19
Downlink Freq: 12145 MHz

Symbol Rate: 4.340 MS/s
Forward Error Correction (FEC): 3/4
Video Program Identifier (Video PID): 0033
Audio Program Identifier (Audio PID): 0038
PCR: 0033

Normally I wouldn't post it but
A. The channel is on Lyngsat
B. A lot of us watch PBS
C. we did the same thing when the C-Band analog version moved (posted it here)

so just wanted to make people aware of it
(maybe the signal will be better )

Plus we KNOW its only a matter of hours until it will be listed on Lyngsat

Thanks, I would have banged my head against the wall trying to figure it out when it happened. But, seeing that everyone here watches that channel, someone would have said something sooner or later. I'm glad it was the former!

Thanks again Ice.

bidaw said:
Thanks, I would have banged my head against the wall trying to figure it out when it happened.
me too. And since sometimes the channel is low signal, we would have thought "oh maybe its just gone for a little bit"

But, seeing that everyone here watches that channel, someone would have said something sooner or later. I'm glad it was the former!

I'm a viewer. Like having the hour time difference

Good info, I wonder if this TP will be any stronger?

ghia said:
Good info, I wonder if this TP will be any stronger?

Would be nice if it was as strong as 11715 (Patient Channel, TIP TV)! That is the strongest transponder I have found on the six satellites I am aimed at. It's is so strong, you feel you could point the LNB (without the dish) at the satellite and still pick it up ;-)

Thanks Iceberg, would have been bummed to turn to PBS and find the Montana station down. We watch that one quite a bit....

New improved Montana PBS!

rescanned when I woke up this morning and saw a whoping 78% for Montana PBS, up from the anemic 48% I used to get. Anybody else have improvement?

anybody have an update o this? Did they move and how does the new signal look?

I merged them so people have one thread to see the changes and the signal difference

Dr_Brian_Oblivion said:
rescanned when I woke up this morning and saw a whoping 78% for Montana PBS, up from the anemic 48% I used to get. Anybody else have improvement?

sweet

what size dish?...edit: D'OH...didnt read signature

I'll check when I get home

Quality improved from 41 to 49 with the new frequency, signal strengh increased slightly from 39 to 41. This was with a clear sky since then heavy cloud has moved in and Q has dropped to 41 signal strengh unchanged.
I'm using a twinhan 102g with the current software the picture starts to break up at Q 31 to 33 the really strong sats have a Q of around 70, never get 100 with this software.

went fro 59 to 70 on the Fortec and 70-71 to 75 on the Coolsat

The old frequency is still active too

Status
Please reply by conversation.