Mot DSR922 setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DefCon4

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 18, 2008
Northern CA
I haven't been able to commit any of my Buds into the ground yet, but I got the itch to play with my Mot DSR922. I have a confirmed X0 123W signal connected to the Ku port but the manual does not seem to offer ways to force any scans for channels. I suspect current sat maps are needed from G1/G5 but is there a source on Ku? Can the receiver be updated through the MMAP port? Meanwhile the Authorization Status has changed from "AZ" to "US" in the System Status screen.:confused:

I don't think there are any DC2 signals left on Galaxy 18 (X0). OETA is still available on AMC 5 (K5-600) at 79° West. There are no maps available on ku that I know of. You will have to get a bud up and running to update the channel maps.

Thanks for the responses. I just noticed I'm no longer a Freshman, so I must have graduated, LOL.

I was tending to locate my BUD favoring the Eastern arc, but info from Skyvision states the "sleepover" is at G1 133W instead of G0 123W as stated in the DSR922 manual. That requirement will certainly hide my LOS to the desired 58W, so my neighbors may need to tolerate a second BUD in addition to 6 Ku dishes. I own my property, have no HOA, but the city council can intervene if a neighbor complains, so I may need to motorize the Ku access.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)