Motor problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Gol TV has soccer dang near all day :) Glad your son liked it

Did you find the English feed? It shows up as "TV 407" and you have to go to language 2 for the english track.

Here is there schedule. Looks like its in Spanish...but it gives you a good idea
http://dishnetwork.tvlistings.zap2it.com/dishsite/listings/gridone.asp?station_num=32161

There was (maybe still is) a NBC on SBS6 74W (KPLC lake Charles, LA). Their tower collapsed a while back, so to get the feed to the cable company, they used satellite.

Do you still have your C-Band dish? There is 4 feeds of NBC on AMC4 (101) that you can hook your receiver to
H Polarity
26670 Symbol Rate

otherwise, most of the feeds are scrambled. You mgiht want to try AMC1 (103) race day. Sometimes they have a feed.

On Galaxy 10 (123W), there are the following network feeds
2 ABC from WY
2 FOX
4 UPN (2 west coast feeds)
2 WB
5 PAX
Couple of Univision

So there is some good stuff out there. :)

Most of the satellites you would need a larger dish (30") and a KU Band LNBF (not the DirectTv or Dish ones)

If you are using the 18" now, your options would be
82, 91, 110, 119.
91 & 119 has lots of audio only channels
82 has some audio channels
110 has, well you already found out what it has :)

Believe it or not my dad does. It is at his house. There used to be all kinds of stuff back in the day all my buddies when I was in high school would come over on sundays to watch the nascar races without commercials. My dad has griped ever since he had to go to something else and have commercials. He hates them. I do not think I had true south right because I manually moved the dish until I got signal so I am going to try to find true south tonight when I get home. Is there a better way to align your dish other than a compass and an eyeball, because that is hard. Once I get this dish and motor set right I am going to program all the sats and see what they all have. Is there anything for Iraq? My sister-in-laws cousin that I go to church with has been over there since Feb. and I would like to see what is going on from that side not from the US they keep us in the dark on several things. The only bad thing is that I can not translate Arabic so I would not understand a single thing that is going on.

wcj800 said:
Believe it or not my dad does. It is at his house. There used to be all kinds of stuff back in the day all my buddies when I was in high school would come over on sundays to watch the nascar races without commercials. My dad has griped ever since he had to go to something else and have commercials. He hates them.
There are TONS of FTA channels that are on C-Band...I need to get a C-band, but my HOA wont allow it :(
I do not think I had true south right because I manually moved the dish until I got signal so I am going to try to find true south tonight when I get home. Is there a better way to align your dish other than a compass and an eyeball, because that is hard.
I was lucky because in MN we have a true south (T6) and Pete (PSB) did my install.
Once I get this dish and motor set right I am going to program all the sats and see what they all have.
Thats the best part of the project...seeing exactly what you all got :)
Is there anything for Iraq? My sister-in-laws cousin that I go to church with has been over there since Feb. and I would like to see what is going on from that side not from the US they keep us in the dark on several things. The only bad thing is that I can not translate Arabic so I would not understand a single thing that is going on.

There is oodles of arabic stuff on IA5 (97W)

best spot to look is here
just pick a satellite and see whats available. The ones in pink are C-band only. The others are either KU or DBS. When you look, the first column (frequency) has to be 5 digits to be able to be seen with a 30" dish. If its yellow, you should be able to view it.

IA 5 has a lot of channels from over seas. Well worth a look (even if you dont speak the language)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)