Motor problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.
wcj800 said:
What size are the dss old single lnb dishes? That is what it is. Looks close to 30".

The old DSS dishes are 18

If it was a 30, you would know :) They're pretty big

wcj800 said:
Actually I was wanting Bev for the Nascar in car channels.

need a subscription for those :)

If you are trying to get programming illegally, this is not the place :D

I am trying to find out how to setup my motor the proper way. I bought a receiver off ebay and I did a channel scan with it pointing to 119 and got some locals and a few HBO's what does this mean?

From the things I read I thought this things could pick that stuff up without being hacked? They just came that way. So I bought this and a motor thinking it was legal. That is what it said anyway.

Unfortunatelly, some Ebay sellers deceive people thinking the receiver is set up for FTA, when in fact they download some software making it illegally pick up programming from Dish or ExpressVu and say its legal.

If you go to www.panarex.com, you can download the software back to factory defaults to make the receiver pick up FTA stuff, which is 100% legal. Right now the way the receiver is, it is not.

A legit FTA receiver (one that isn't hacked or programmed) will pick up unscrambled transmissions like ethnic channels, some networks on galaxy 10, and the audio channels on ExpressVu & Dish.

Ok cool I am going to get that file now, but I still have this thing with my motor I am a computer guru but not a satellite guy. The motor arm points down and I think it says to set dish elevation to whatever -30 for the motor. Is this correct. I am looking for explanation on this to understand what I am trying to do.

Hopefully you have a 9-pin serial cable.

You would hook the receiver to your computer and the file will download to the receiver and set it back to factory defaults

Ask the retailer!.......... if you are 100% genuine you should post the retailers details here and we can pass them on to Dishnetwork, then contact them direct and go absolutely crazy with what they have involved you in, I would be hopping mad at this point, I must say you are taking it well!

Ok I think I have one of those if not I can find one around here at work to use. It says the motor has about 30 sats preprogrammed do you have to do anything special on the setting for the receiver? Or does it just auto move when I finally get it set for true south?

I did not do anything wrong but this thing off ebay dude. I haven't touched it just hooked it up. I am legit all I have is the guys member name from ebay Hons. I do not know anything else I will check the shipping label when I get home and let you know. I do know it came from Ontario Canada.

In the install menu, it lists most of the satellites we can pick up.
You click on one and in the menu, it has an option for "off" "1.2" or "usals"
off...motor doesnt move
1.2..you have to move it
usals...once you find your true south and enter your latitude & longitude, it automatically moves.

PSB said:
Ask the retailer!.......... if you are 100% genuine you should post the retailers details here and we can pass them on to Dishnetwork, then contact them direct and go absolutely crazy with what they have involved you in, we have your IP address here and you very nearly got reported to Dishnetwork as a hack, and that can cost you a lot more than the price of a few months free TV! I would be hopping mad at this point, I must say you are taking it rather well!

Easy boy :)

wcj800 said:
I did not do anything wrong but this thing off ebay dude. I haven't touched it just hooked it up. I am legit all I have is the guys member name from ebay Hons. I do not know anything else I will check the shipping label when I get home and let you know. I do know it came from Ontario Canada.

understandable..we have just had a run of people coming on here asking blatently how to hack the receiver...or satying they have this "legal" receiver and how come I dont get all the HBO's.

We're just trying to keep the good people here and get rid of the hacks.

The preprogrammed sats are for Europe.
I don't know what settings are used on receivers I have a PCI DVB-S card and not a standalone receiver (Until PSB decides to swap one for a bad curry recipe)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)