Motor question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cracklincrotch

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Say for example I had a motor that could view 80 degrees of the arc. Does that mean that I could only view 40 degrees east/west of my true south? Or does mean I could see any viewable section of the arc, up to 80 degrees wide?

I'm at 63W and everything I'd want is west of me. If I got a 80 degree motor and could only see 40 west/east, I'd only see things up to 103.

I'm at 63W and everything I'd want is west of me. If I got a 80 degree motor and could only see 40 west/east, I'd only see things up to 103.

Thats about it, I didn't know there were motors that only swept 80 degrees of the arc? Maybe there are. The sg-2100 is 70-75, either side for 140 or 150 total, Stab is a little less. What motor are you talking about?

Then maybe I'm just misunderstanding what I'm reading.

I was looking at one at Sadoun and it says +/- 80 degrees. From what you're telling me (and it makes a lot more sense) is that it will see 80 degrees on either side of your southern sat.

I was interpreting that to mean that it was 80 total, and 40 on either side, which would be useless to me. :)

+/- 80 degrees means 160 degrees total, 80 either side of true south. On the SG-2100 page on DMSI's site it says "70?EAST ~ 70?WEST ( 140? ) Adjustable". They should all say something similar to this rather than the +/- mumbo jumbo....it can get confusing.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)