Motorola dsr-470

Status
Please reply by conversation.
<EDITED> Because as listed below, the unit is nothing more then a digital cable box.

Last edited:
Whats weird is on the pics of the receiver the back shows one cable input

so its possible its just a digital cable box

The old HITS to Home concept has been abolished back when CMC decided to move HITS to C band. There was no profit left in the Ku band service and CMC was working on consolidating all there cable headend feeds to a few adjacent C band birds, as it is today.

The box could still be used as a cable only box but chances of HITS putting up a C band system just for W5 (like the SRL setup) isn't reality.

As far as playing with it for FTA. I would think you may get it to receive something on W5 or even Anik in ZK and possibly FP. It all depends if it can take an EMM provider entry. These receivers unlike the 4DTV's are finicky and want a EMM provider to match the service there looking at.

It is like a 410, except instead of satellite (whatever form of QPSK DCII the DSR400 series tunes), its digital tuner tunes QAM modulated cable, the headend being relatively simple "QPSK" to QAM converters, rather than more elaborate systems to supply DCT series boxes. It is part of a system called HITS-QT. Echostar had similar boxes for their platform, to do the same thing for small cable operators.

I don't think they are ever sold to customers, just rented.

I just looked at the 470's link and it's not for satellite at all like a 410. So they would be useless for anything except possible a freebie on digital cable.

yeah after I posted the original response then I looked more and didnt see a sat connection on it

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)