Movies on Cuban TV @ Hispasat 30w

Status
Please reply by conversation.
For example Shutter Island title was translated and listed (see below) as "Isla Tenebrosa" .....it´s kind of tricky...nonetheless worth watching a recent movie in english and without any commercial cuts ;)

LA PELICULA DEL SABADO ISLA TENEBROSA
EU/SUSP/EST AÑO:2010 DIR: MARTIN SCORSESE INT: LEONARDO DICAPRIO, MARK RUFFALO, BEN KINGSLEY
Verano de 1954. Los agentes judiciales Teddy Daniels y Chuck Aule son destinados a una remota isla del puerto de Boston para investigar la desaparición de una peligrosa asesina recluida en el hospital psiquiátrico Ashecliffe, un centro penitenciario para criminales perturbados dirigido por el siniestro doctor John Cawley. Pronto descubrirán que el centro guarda muchos secretos, y que la isla esconde algo más peligroso que los pacientes.
DJ,
If you watched the movie what is your opinion of the moive? I rented it last week and watched it and ............

I will give you my opinion after you express yours.
Mike Lib

DJ,
If you watched the movie what is your opinion of the moive? I rented it last week and watched it and ............

I will give you my opinion after you express yours.
Mike Lib

Hey Mike, Yes I watched it (first time I watch it I´d like to point out) and I did not really have an idea about what to expect other than I consider Di Caprio almost a household name for good movies, and that I had watched some trailers and I kind of imagined it was about a mental house...

Having said that....It looked promising as I started watching, but I didn´t like the parts where this guy was either imagining things or recalling his past.

In general I don´t like movies playing too much with time shifting, except for sci-fi movies where it is clearly part of the story.. otherwide I find that confusing.:confused:

I think it was a good thriller overall and I enjoyed it, I was trying to guess what was gonna happen, I started believing that the guy was actually sane and he was indeed a marshall who arrived with his partner...

As the flick developed I realized that if I wanted to fully understand the truth, I could go nuts :rolleyes:, so I realized that I had to wait until the end to find out what was reality and what was fantasy...

Even very close to the end I still thought the guy was sane and that he was the good guy.... but then at the end I understood he had been actually imagining himself as the marshall who recently arrived to investigate the case of the missing woman..... Right ? or did I get it wrong and he was sane ? :confused:

What do you think of the movie ?

:down Well here goes, after about four or five flash backs my wife left the den and went to watch TV. I endured and found like you that the flash backs were too many and took away from the story. He was actual one of the patients that they were trying to cure through role playing as he had a multiple personality disorder and he did kill his wife after she killed his children.

At the end when Mark Ruffalo is sitting on the steps with him and he calls him boss and he responds as the Marshall it is a sign that he was not cured and he walks off to get a Frontal Lobotomy. That was the part I found hard to believe.

I must say that the acting from the cast was excellent but the story was too convoluted to follow. By the end of the movie I said who cares give him the frontal lobotomy and the writer too. LOL

:down
I must say that the acting from the cast was excellent but the story was too convoluted to follow. By the end of the movie I said who cares give him the frontal lobotomy and the writer too. LOL

Convoluted to say the least, LOL, lobotomy for the writer LOL

Tonight I watched Greedy with Michael J. Fox and Kirk Douglas, long time since I had watched it,

I think I have found a use for that 1 meter dish that I fixed last year with lawn chair parts. :)
The trick is that I have to aim it right between two big fluffy trees.

I think I can do this by myself, there is an old hole in the ground already where another dish went. I found the pole for it along side my fence. All I have to do is buy cement then tow it to the back yard with my new mower right to the hole. The worst part will be getting it out of the car and into the little lawn trailer. I think I'll work on this later today. I haven't touched any of that stuff out back for almost a year. Maybe I need to go get some practice.

:)

O.k. You guys have me intrigued with this sat. I have a spare 39" that I would love to fix on 30w. I've got a pretty clear view that direction, I just need to verify the elevation needed. My dish needs to be at 15.9° but if I recall correctly the signal comes in from more of an angle than that. What angle should I be checking to make sure I get a clear LOS? I need to take the green laser out there tonight and see if I can put a dish over that way.

O.k. You guys have me intrigued with this sat. I have a spare 39" that I would love to fix on 30w. I've got a pretty clear view that direction, I just need to verify the elevation needed. My dish needs to be at 15.9° but if I recall correctly the signal comes in from more of an angle than that. What angle should I be checking to make sure I get a clear LOS? I need to take the green laser out there tonight and see if I can put a dish over that way.

SW, if your elevation for 30W is 15.9 deg, that is the angle you need to verify your LOS for. Your dish face will be very close to vertical.

This thread has some pics of what my dish looked like for a 30W setup, and my elevation is 12.2 deg.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/213794-phlat-hits-hispasat-hillbillistan.html

ynnedibanez is in Greenville TN, he recently posted some pics for his dish aimed at this bird and it does look pretty vertical,

I know the "elevation" is tricky for this sat.

In my case the dish is looking down (upper right corner)

Attachments

• 100_0458.jpg
    100_0458.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
O.k. thanks! I got confused on that. It was that the dish doesn't appear to be at the elevation of the sat. O.k. I'll have to check on this tonight.
:up

Which strongest transponder(s) do you use to when setting up this satellite?

SpiffWilkie,
Here are some pics of my dish aimed at 30w. I'm near Crossville, TN(lat. 35.9 N and long. 85.1 W) and using a DTV Slimline dish measuring approx. 32x23 inches. Had to set the elevation at 20 degrees and skew at about -45R facing the dish. Locked it on the first try with a 70 to 75 SQ on the coolsat 6000. Memphis is about 300 miles west of Crossville and I am on the Cumberland Plateau at about 2500 feet elevation, so you might have to make some adjustments to your dish elevation. Have a good day and good luck!:)
Larry

Attachments

• 100_5569.JPG
    100_5569.JPG
    519.6 KB · Views: 146
  • 100_5567.JPG
    100_5567.JPG
    531.9 KB · Views: 117

I tried that with a little toy red laser way back when I first tried to get White Springs (gosh I miss them!) but I really had no clue what I was doing and really couldn't figure it out.

I've decided that I'm going to buy that new iPhone app that shows you what you can and can't get.
DPAR_teaser.jpg

I bought a 3gs recently so at long last I can finally use this app.

My yard is surrounded by trees, all of them on the other side of the fence in neighbor's yards so cutting them down or even trimming them isn't an option for me. I'm quite concerned about two trees in the way on the Cuba satellite.
I went to the dishpointer website (which is awesome!) and I can see my chances at this satellite are iffy at best.

:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.