Movies on Cuban TV @ Hispasat 30w

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Finally got off my butt....

.....and threw the 75e on a hewed down 4x4 for a temp mount and found Hispasat. Can't get LOS with the main dish, but found I had a clear shot at it from the front of the house. It was kind of cold and windy out today and it took me about 20 minutes to find it. I guess that becomes my fall FTA project - getting a pole set and running coax into the house. I'd like to put it so I could have 2 motorized and see if I can get anything else east of 72°W - that's the limit to the east with the main dish. I should also try it with the 90cm Fortec Star dish I've got to see which works better. It seemed good to do something outside without the swarms of mosquitoes we've had this year!

Attachments

• Hispasat Aim.jpg
    Hispasat Aim.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 171
BTW, I watched today The Joneses on Cubavision, interesting to see Demi Moore and David Duchovny together.

BTW, I watched today The Joneses on Cubavision, interesting to see Demi Moore and David Duchovny together.

I watched part of that today too. Trippy movie. Somehow I managed to have never heard of that one before.

How odd, it's like having PPV without the pay part. :D

Note to wife: Another dish is going to be installed aimed at Hispasat 30w. :)

LOL, good luck there !!!,, this sat is still one of my favs, every now and then I catch, The Mentalist, Monk, Law & Order SVU, and of course movies, and all in English.

I'm still in amazement that they take our movies and stuff and retransmit them over the air for everyone to pickup with rabbit ears. Wow!
And the bad words and all! They don't censor out the F bombs at all. That's what really amazes me.. :confused:

Two or three years back, I relocated my Ku-Band dish so that I could gain a good LOS for Hispasat @ 30.0°W. Back then, it was just another satellite to add to my list and nothing much more.

I certainly am happy now that I did acquire this sat. I started mentioning this satellite once I found out how unique it was and I am really glad that so many of you are able to pull it in as well. It really makes the effort of FTA endeavors worthwhile.

RADAR

I'm still in amazement that they take our movies and stuff and retransmit them over the air for everyone to pickup with rabbit ears. Wow!

Yeah! It is the exact opposite of what charlie does!

They are communists and we are the land of the free, but what is free here??? :confused:

Last edited:
Dee_Ann said:
And the bad words and all! They don't censor out the F bombs at all. That's what really amazes me.. :confused:

The only reason that doesn't happen here is because some stuffy government type thinks it shouldn't. In my opinion the words are no worse than the gore they show on shows like CSI and House. Both shows I love.

I´d say those Cuban channels are kinda premium or so, when it comes to airing recent movies, no commercial cuts, and no censorhip,
Last night there was a movie The Traveler (2010) with Val Kilmer, kinda weird, and yep I know with F bombs and all.

The Traveler (2010) - IMDb

Hi all,

A bit of help for us non-Spanish speaking folks, is "Google Chrome".

This browser offers to translate the page you are viewing.

I managed to lock onto 30*W about a month ago, but missed lots of good
movies because of the language barrier at the Cubavision web pages.

Hope this helps someone!

By the way, has anyone noticed a pattern as to when these movies are generally aired?
Such as once/twice a week or every night? Any particular time of the day? Even with
the pages translated, I find they can still be a bit confusing. lol

Cheers!

Hi all,

A bit of help for us non-Spanish speaking folks, is "Google Chrome".

This browser offers to translate the page you are viewing.

I managed to lock onto 30*W about a month ago, but missed lots of good
movies because of the language barrier at the Cubavision web pages.

Hope this helps someone!

By the way, has anyone noticed a pattern as to when these movies are generally aired?
Such as once/twice a week or every night? Any particular time of the day? Even with
the pages translated, I find they can still be a bit confusing. lol

Cheers!
t

Hope the comments on post 19 on this same thread help, also on Cubavision add a movie Sundays at 2 PM Central (aprox) right after Monk or The Mentalist,
Tele Rebelde shows also movies weeknights.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-shack/225535-movies-cuban-tv-hispasat-30w-2.html

I have noticed a tendency lately to show European movies or non-US movies on the prime time 10 pm Saturday night slot which historically has always been a new release US made movie. Nevertheless, next saturday is the horror US movie Passed the Door of Darkness as per IMDB released on 2008 but wrongly dated by Juventud Rebelde's Cartelera as 2010. The second one that night is Sharks in Venice a 2008 US thriller/action production. None of them highly rated as per IMDB though but both new releases in Cuba.

Tonight movie at 10:30 pm on Tele Rebelde , made in Canada in 2009 , Reverse Angle (also known in french as Il ricordi di Eve, apparently not only Cuba changes the names of the movies , lol) is a mystery/suspense that seems to have 5 out 10 reviews. It has already been seen in Cuba since this channel not usually carries a new release.

The TV movie Guide in Cuba is released every Sunday on this national newspaper, you can check it online at Cartelera de la Televisión Cubana - Juventud Rebelde - Diario de la juventud cubana

After all this time and being inspired by this thread, I finally pointed a spare dish for 30W. It was easy to tune despite the crazy LOS I'm using to get it through the neighbors trees.

I noticed "CTV" in the corner of the screen on Cubavision yesterday. Is that their regular logo or shared programming from the Canadian channel or coincidence?

I noticed "CTV" in the corner of the screen on Cubavision yesterday. Is that their regular logo or shared programming from the Canadian channel or coincidence?

They really dont´t mind showing the logos from where they get some shows, I´ve seen logos from CTV, CBS, nbc, animal planet,etc,etc

Contribucion channel (normally has color bars) on Cuban mux now has programming apparently from Multivision channel that is always encrypted. They are currently showing a US movie (Timeline, 2003) and it says Studio Universal on the top right corner but has the Multivision logo on the left MV. Tonight there are schedule several documentaries from Discovery like Megastructures and another one about Denver (and the dinosaurs?) on Multivision. Enjoy untill tomorrow morning I guess when they realize someone flipped the wrong switch, lol.

LOL, if the other channels "borrow" programming from other sources, MV does it even more without caring to black out the logos.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Does anyone have a CaptiveWorks CW-800S Manual?

Only getting black and white picture

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)