Moving/Locals Question

JayPSU

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 22, 2006
Westerville, Ohio
Forgive me for all of the questions, but as a new Dish customer and a naturally inquisitive person, questions keep coming to my mind! My question has to do with the blackout rules, particularly the blackout rules wrt to Comcast Philadelphia. If I was to do a "move" from the Philadelphia market to the NYC market, I would be able to subscribe to NHL Center Ice and see the Flyers games. Now, if I was to "move" from Philly to NYC, and they accidentally forgot to change my locals to the NYC market, would the Flyers games STILL be blacked out? Is it the service address that would determine getting the blackout, or would the fact that they didn't change my locals to the NYC market do it? I'm wondering if this little technicality would allow me to get the Philly locals but have the NYC black out area.

It's all based on the service address and not the billing address.

Ok, so if I "moved" from Philadelphia to NYC I would not have my Flyers games blacked out, even if they forget to switch the locals, the fact that my service address is in NYC would be enough?

Ok, so if I "moved" from Philadelphia to NYC I would not have my Flyers games blacked out, even if they forget to switch the locals, the fact that my service address is in NYC would be enough?

I would think the chance of them forgetting to switch your locals if you 'move' are slim to none.

I would think the chance of them forgetting to switch your locals if you 'move' are slim to none.

I "moved" twice this past week and both times they forgot to do it. I did it through the online csr's so maybe that's why? Maybe they are not quite as good with it. But anyway, both times I had to go back and say that my locals need to be switched to my new service area. What happened was the locals on the "low" numbers disappeared, but the "high" numbered ones remained.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)