MPEG-4 will initially be MPEG-2!

Gary, you just don't get it. The info was not to be shared outside the PUB. You did. I don't care it you didn't source it as it is quite transparent where the info came from. People are not ignorant around here (and there).

The info had already been discussed in the Dish HDTV forum by someone else before the AVS post. And that person has already been chided.

I don't see the problem since a period of time passed and it brought traffic here.

Gary Murrell said:
Here is the link:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=628298
I have been asked and PM'd many many times over at the AVS where I got the info, never once did I mention sat guys Scott or anyone, nor would I ever mention this site or Scott when discussing anything
It may be a silly hat but Angus and Malcolm Young sure know how to Rock ;)
-Gary

Since Scott's original info said "I will let you in on a little secrect... (Keep this in the pub...)" IMHO you shouldn't have said a damn thing anywhere else about it.

I will end this, I apologize for the mistake, I honestly assumed that if sources were far from being named then things would be ok

one other person also made the same mistake

Scott in the future please say that you want this info kept in the pub on sat guys only and not on any other websites(if that is what you wish)

-Gary

so which is it MPEG4 or NOT

just came across this : it was posted in another forum

regarding mpeg4 headers and mpeg content

1) this is not a HEADER !
2) there are service types for new REAL and "QUAZY" MPEG-4 streams
3) 6000 or any HD IRD can NOT handle the QUAZY MPEG-4 PIDs
4) DVB-S cards ( with 8PSK support works ) fine Wink

not always ppl at AVS or CES have technical KNOWLEDGE, btw

Funny how one of the transponders at 129w has four HD H.264 streams...

Rod

I think it's a shame that Gary can't seem to exercise a little more control over his desire to spew vitriol all over the various forums. I've followed a few of his links over to AVS and all of his posts are very accusatory and conspiratorial.

Gary, you seem to seek attention more than anything else. I imagine that your age has more to do with this than anything else. How will you feel down the road when Scott's trusted informants are no longer willing to give him inside info for fear of the likes of yourself spewing the info all over the net?

For shame...

I'm still calling BS on this issue.....I cannot fathom the thought that E* thinks that we would not find out about this.....if this comes out as being true I swear I will drop my Dish sub right then and there......I do not want any deals with a company who thinks I'm that stupid and will take whatever they feel in thier power to give me, without questioning the validity of the product.....

DAMN THE MAN!!!!! That's what I say!!!!

Last edited:
Well I know it is a BS technicallity but they never said they were transimitting in MPEG4 only that people with the new MPEG4 receivers would be able to watch it. So I guess you have to take everything w/ a grain of salt. These large companies always leave themselves alot of wiggle room.

Almost like the class action suit people are talking about, it has no chance IMO because I never remember seeing or hearing E* touting TRUE HD only HD which 1280x1080i falls under a HD compression so I guess they aren't lieing now are they.

Reefer123 said:
Well I know it is a BS technicallity but they never said they were transimitting in MPEG4 only that people with the new MPEG4 receivers would be able to watch it. So I guess you have to take everything w/ a grain of salt. These large companies always leave themselves alot of wiggle room.
Almost like the class action suit people are talking about, it has no chance IMO because I never remember seeing or hearing E* touting TRUE HD only HD which 1280x1080i falls under a HD compression so I guess they aren't lieing now are they.

Actually I just posted some interesting info from my mom who is a lawyer in that thread should read it......E* doesn;t really have as many lopholes as you would think.......It's not so much an issue of what they said but what they are implying as opposed to what they are doing.

Check it out

Give it a rest kid. He apologized. I'm not sure 18 posts entitles you to .......nevermind, I'm not going there. Let's just drop the Gary stuff and rest up so we can react to the big Chat tonight:D

Charlie: My decision of transmitting MPEG2 under an MPEG4 header is just my way of sticking it to the man.

Assistant: But aren't you the man?

Charlie: Yes

Assistant: So this is your way of sticking it to yourself?

Charlie: Maybe

Tom Bombadil said:
Charlie: My decision of transmitting MPEG2 under an MPEG4 header is just my way of sticking it to the man.

Assistant: But aren't you the man?

Charlie: Yes

Assistant: So this is your way of sticking it to yourself?

Charlie: Maybe

Now that's funny.:D :up

waltinvt said:
Give it a rest kid. He apologized. I'm not sure 18 posts entitles you to .......nevermind, I'm not going there. Let's just drop the Gary stuff and rest up so we can react to the big Chat tonight:D

I concur.

nickg420 said:
Actually I just posted some interesting info from my mom who is a lawyer in that thread should read it......E* doesn;t really have as many lopholes as you would think.......It's not so much an issue of what they said but what they are implying as opposed to what they are doing.
Check it out
If your mom is a lawyer maybe lets get her opinion. What you posted was the law regarding false advertising. What E is doing maybe a little underhanded (but not really) it is not false advertising.
It looks like they are trying to get people to convert to mpeg4 receivers
so that when they do implement mpeg4 most HD customers will already have it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)