MRV and DECA are now Live Nationwide

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What is the best path for me to allow for the dvr content to be streamed to the other rooms in my home.
Of the listed units, only the HR21 can be a source. It can serve up an MRV stream to either one (but not both at the same time) of the HR21s.

The D12 receivers are not MRV capable.

The HR24 will be able to play streams from the HR21 or serve up the other H series boxes (again, not at the same time).

ChrisK114 said:
I am not sure but from all I have remember hearing is they won't cut it off, but you will have to pay $3.00 a month and they will not support it, which means no service calls for MRV.

I hope you are correct. My install is confirmed for Saturday since I finally decided to work out an issue I had with DirecTV before which related to an old account of my father. I'm not sure if they will install this new stuff or if I'll need to network. This is a feature I very much want though. I'll have two DVR's and I only want Spongebob recorded to one of them if you catch my drift.

You should as long as one of the receivers your have networked is a HR series. Just go to the setup screen and select Multi Room and opt in, I think. You will have to make sure it software release. If it doesn't have Multi Room in the setup screen, you do not have to proper software for it.
so i am confused, why would i want to get the deca equipment installed if i can do mult-room without it?

so i am confused, why would i want to get the deca equipment installed if i can do mult-room without it?

D* will tell you the reason to get DECA is so they can support it. They will not do any truck rolls for people that have networked the receivers without D* installing it. You are on your own.

Deal breaker for me: "Because the content on the external drive is paired with the HD DVR receiver it's connected to, you will have to reformat the external drive if you want to connect it to a different HD DVR receiver. Reformatting means you will lose the recordings you made with the original HD DVR receiver."

DIRECTV: Tips & Tricks: Connect an External Hard Drive

DS0816 said:
Deal breaker for me: "Because the content on the external drive is paired with the HD DVR receiver it's connected to, you will have to reformat the external drive if you want to connect it to a different HD DVR receiver. Reformatting means you will lose the recordings you made with the original HD DVR receiver."

DIRECTV: Tips & Tricks: Connect an External Hard Drive

Can't you just hook the drive to your original DVR and share it with another?

Basically the installer comming out and installing any deca equipment needed and swim equipment if need. basically if you have a r15 you get a swap of a r16 because it is swim capable. as you need swim to use deca.

I've already got 3 HR2x boxes, but I have to R15s. Currently, I'm doing MRV via my home network. I have a Zinwell 6x8 multiswitch so I'm limted to 8 tuners. This means my two R15s only have one tuner active. If I went DECA and replaced the 2 R15s with R16s, would I get a SWM setup and therefore have dual tuner setup for all 5 of my boxes?

D* will tell you the reason to get DECA is so they can support it. They will not do any truck rolls for people that have networked the receivers without D* installing it. You are on your own.
more questions...
does this MRV require swm dish setup?
not sure if i have that or not...how does one tell?
i have the w68 multi-switch (not sure the model #)

I wasn't sure I wanted MRV when they installed mine on Monday, but have decided to go ahead and sign up. Just activated it on my account online as the installer said it's all set up and just needs activation. Will I need to do anything special on the boxes to get this to work? Do I need to force a download or anything? I'm at the office, so can't check it out until later this evening.

more questions...

You probably do not have the SWiM. I think as long as you can network, you do not have to have a SWiM. You have to have the SWim if you are using the DECA setup. I could be wrong, but I think that is how it works.

Since they will also install SWiM if you don't have it, does it include more than a SWiM 8 if needed? Right now I would need a switch that would support 11 tuners.

I've already got 3 HR2x boxes, but I have to R15s. Currently, I'm doing MRV via my home network. I have a Zinwell 6x8 multiswitch so I'm limted to 8 tuners. This means my two R15s only have one tuner active. If I went DECA and replaced the 2 R15s with R16s, would I get a SWM setup and therefore have dual tuner setup for all 5 of my boxes?

If you pay the upgrade fee, they will swap out your non-swm boxes and give you the necessary SWM 16 switch.

I setup an install for next Saturday the 22nd. All my receivers are MRV capable, but for the $99 they will install an SWM-16, DECA adapters for all my receivers (6) and hook it all up.

Easily worth my $99. They waived the $49 install fee due to my "account status", meaning I give them alot of money ;)

How much is alot if I may ask? My monthly bill is $220, and people say that's alot. How much more do you spend to get 'account status' :(

Install set for Sunday May 16. The upgrade pricing was well worth it since I will also have a SWM 16 installed.

Now on a side not it may appear that it is getting more difficult to have the installation fee waived starting today, or it may all depend on what discount level the agent you receive is allowed to give out.

more questions...

I have a wired connection with 4 DVRs which is working just fine on the Beta opt-in. I called up to activate MRV and it was slow going because no one knew how. She finally got that done and I asked her about the DECA install and she said for $99 I would get SWM, DECA hooked up to all 5 of my DVRs and the one that is not hooked up now would be replaced with a new unit. If I wanted an internet connection that would be $25 more. She also added $20 shipping which I asked her to waive and she did, so with tax I paid $135 and I'm getting what she said was the "new" DVR. HR24 I hope. I didn't even want DECA but the price for all of that is a good deal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)