MRV and DECA are now Live Nationwide

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I decided Id go ahead with DECA, before getting the HR24, but not after they fee'd me to death.

$99 install (ok)
$49 fee (ok)
$50 fee (WTF???) Since Ive only been back for 5 months, they want a $50 fee, so I reluctantly said OK, until she dropped the final bomb and said 24 month extension from today. Look, 24 mo's or $50, ya cant have both.

Given the power coming out of the DECA adapters, it may not be this simple. DIRECTV wants to be sure that you're not leaking signals out of your home. Understand that the power draw of a DECA adapter is too much for just one satellite input on some HR2x models (not including yours).Note that one or more band stop filters are typically required depending on your setup.I'm not seeing any mention of the idea that DIRECTV has provided for self-installing at this point.

I was looking at the DECA First Look PDF(from those "other guys"). Aside from the fact that the power inserter in the PDF is different than the one sold by Solid Signal & Beach Audio,it does show a diagram about set up,& it does give details about setting up the DECA cloud,like install the stop band filter first. I'd agree with you about insuring that you are not leaking signals,but I bet a lot of people will be watching the tech install DECA in their homes & slap themselves realizing they could have done the same thing themselves.

Another question,if you have a HR 24, & it is hooked up by DECA through the coaxial cable only to the internet,could you use the ethernet connection from the box to hook up,say,a Blu-ray player to the internet,like you can the second ethernet connection on the other HR 2X boxes?

I was looking at the DECA First Look PDF(from those "other guys"). Aside from the fact that the power inserter in the PDF is different than the one sold by Solid Signal & Beach Audio,it does show a diagram about set up,& it does give details about setting up the DECA cloud,like install the stop band filter first. I'd agree with you about insuring that you are not leaking signals,but I bet a lot of people will be watching the tech install DECA in their homes & slap themselves realizing they could have done the same thing themselves.

Another question,if you have a HR 24, & it is hooked up by DECA through the coaxial cable only to the internet,could you use the ethernet connection from the box to hook up,say,a Blu-ray player to the internet,like you can the second ethernet connection on the other HR 2X boxes?

When you are using the DECA on the HR24, the Ethernet port is disabled. I had a hard time getting MRV working because I had the Ethernet cable plugged into the port on the box. The DECA is built in, but you have to use a DECA adapter to get the internet connected to the loop.

This may be really stupid, but couldn't i just hook the hd reciver that is networked with my hd dvr thru my router?

When you are using the DECA on the HR24, the Ethernet port is disabled. I had a hard time getting MRV working because I had the Ethernet cable plugged into the port on the box. The DECA is built in, but you have to use a DECA adapter to get the internet connected to the loop.

No,I was wondering if you could use the Ethernet connection on the HR 24 as a "pass-through" just as the second Ethernet connection on the HR 2X's can be used as a pass through? So you are saying that you need the adapter for the HR 24,but you don't need to connect the Ethernet part of the adapter to the Ethernet connection of the HR 24,you just connect the coaxial cable only?

So you are saying that you need the adapter for the HR 24,but you don't need to connect the Ethernet part of the adapter to the Ethernet connection of the HR 24,you just connect the coaxial cable only?

Correct. In fact, if you connect a live Ethernet connection to the Ethernet port on the HR24, DECA will not work and you can't do MRV via coax. To get MRV and the Internet connection, you need to use a DECA adapter to get the Ethernet connection live on the loop (hooked straight to the splitter) via the adapter and not the HR24.

If you're asking if you can then use the Ethernet port on the HR24 as a passthrough to another device, then I don't know the answer as I haven't tried that. I use a switch to send separate cables to the other devices in the area.

Correct. In fact, if you connect a live Ethernet connection to the Ethernet port on the HR24, DECA will not work and you can't do MRV via coax. To get MRV and the Internet connection, you need to use a DECA adapter to get the Ethernet connection live on the loop (hooked straight to the splitter) via the adapter and not the HR24.

OK,the DECA adapter,plus the power inserter,looped into the internet router,then hooked into the splitter,THAT adapter is accounted for. Do you need ANOTHER(2nd) DECA adapter hooked to the HR 24? I ask because I have both a HR 22 & HR 23 HD DVR receiver,& I'm accounting for 3 DECA adapters for that hook-up(1 adapter,with power inserter,for the router & 1 each for my receivers). If I add to the mix a HR 24(which I want to add later to the other 2 HD DVRs),do I need to get another (a 4th) DECA adapter for that?

OK,the DECA adapter,plus the power inserter,looped into the internet router,then hooked into the splitter,THAT adapter is accounted for. Do you need ANOTHER(2nd) DECA adapter hooked to the HR 24? I ask because I have both a HR 22 & HR 23 HD DVR receiver,& I'm accounting for 3 DECA adapters for that hook-up(1 adapter,with power inserter,for the router & 1 each for my receivers). If I add to the mix a HR 24(which I want to add later to the other 2 HD DVRs),do I need to get another (a 4th) DECA adapter for that?

No, the HR24 has the DECA built in. In my setup, I have two HR24s and only need one total adapter for the router into the splitter. No adapters on either HR24.

wonder why my H23 has never received the firmware upgrade for MRV.

I been beta testing for weeks fine but have never received the official firmware that supports MRV

Basically the installer comming out and installing any deca equipment needed and swim equipment if need. basically if you have a r15 you get a swap of a r16 because it is swim capable. as you need swim to use deca.

How much is alot if I may ask? My monthly bill is $220, and people say that's alot. How much more do you spend to get 'account status' :(

Before discounts my bill is $150-$200 depending on time of year.

Account status probably also involves how long you have been with them (me 2006), contract status (me out of), current discounts being received (me $10/mo for 6 months - forgot why), etc. Not just total bill amount, though that is a factor too.

I decided Id go ahead with DECA, before getting the HR24, but not after they fee'd me to death.

$99 install (ok)
$49 fee (ok)
$50 fee (WTF???) Since Ive only been back for 5 months, they want a $50 fee, so I reluctantly said OK, until she dropped the final bomb and said 24 month extension from today. Look, 24 mo's or $50, ya cant have both.

That's kinda harsh of them, time to play roulette.

They told me 24 months too, but in the final stages said oh wait your receivers are all MRV capable so no contract extension. Now there is a line on my "other services" account page saying no annual commitment.

I think in this case they upgrade you to an R22, which is a major improvement from an R16.

Will they upgrade R15s to R22s? Stonecold do you know if they will do this? I'd really like to get two R22s instead of R16s to replace my R15s. Especially if I ever decided to put HDTVs in the rooms that would have R22 since the R22s can be activated to do HD stuff.

Will they upgrade R15s to R22s? Stonecold do you know if they will do this? I'd really like to get two R22s instead of R16s to replace my R15s. Especially if I ever decided to put HDTVs in the rooms that would have R22 since the R22s can be activated to do HD stuff.

no the deal does not include MRV capable recivers just swim.

They will replace a r 15 to a r16 since it is swm capable.

Only boxes being swaped out for mrv capable are hr10-250s and H20s everyhint esle gets just basic swim.
D1x or order will get d12
R10/15 get R16
R22 - no upgrade
R16- no upgrade they just put a band stop filter on it

My install is tomorrow.Right now I have 3 receivers that will work..I also have3 D12's, So let me ask this..If I want to add other H23's later, will they have to come out and install anything else to me system? OR can I just hook them up and run the set up???

You would need a deca filter on your h23 Detfan

My install is tomorrow.Right now I have 3 receivers that will work..I also have3 D12's, So let me ask this..If I want to add other H23's later, will they have to come out and install anything else to me system? OR can I just hook them up and run the set up???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts