MRV Problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Dan, Just wondering if you can see if they have installed a power supply on the coax coming from the dish. Another good test is to make sure you are receiving a signal on both of the tuners in the HR24. Just wondering if they actually installed the SWiM portion of the installation correctly. Without SWiM your MRV will not function.

Sorry, but I'm not sure what the SWiM is, can you clarify...

In reference to the earlier questions: I do only have one DVR and it is in the the living room, (he named that LR) in the bed room it is just an HD receiver, no DVR (it's labeled BR).

How many coax cables are connected to the back of the receiver? If one the easiest way to see if you have everything setup correctly is to check signal strength on both tuners or try to record two items at the same time.

Just to intervene here for a second. Nobody has mentioned lnb or switch. They both have to match, not just any swm lnb or swm switch will work, no mix matching. I do not know the correct terminology but the lnb & switch both will have a green dot on them which indicates mrv capability.

Ok...just figured out what the SWiM is...

There is only one coax going into the back of my receiver. The SWiM is plugged into an electrical outlet and it has a green light.

That is your power inserter it is a swm component.

If you got into the setup menu on the HD-DVD in the LR can you check that "WHOLE-HOME" (MVR) is active / shared (or something like that)?

Isn't this the correct procedure?

Here is the difference with lnbs for the h24 receivers. The same applies with switches, did not take time to download pics of switches. Pic of lnb on right is the 1 compatible with the h24 receivers for mrv.

Attachments

• swm lnb 1.jpg
    swm lnb 1.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 112
  • swm lnb.jpg
    swm lnb.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 113
Share Playlist:

Share Playlist: Yes
Allow Deletion: From All Rooms

Multi-Room: Authorized
No networked DVRs found

It's definitely a communication issue between the two boxes. I'm thinking keep resetting this hddvr until the deca unit comes back online.

edit: How long has it been since the ethernet cable has been disconnected from the HR-24? or was it connected to the H-24?

It's definitely a communication issue between the two boxes. I'm thinking keep resetting this hddvr until the deca unit comes back online.

edit: How long has it been since the ethernet cable has been disconnected from the HR-24? or was it connected to the H-24?

Today I got a call from a Directv case manager (anyone know what that title means?) she said they were sending all my info to their engineering department. Hopefully I'll get some type of answer. Do you think it could just be that my HDDVR is defective and won't share the playlist with the network?

The tech that came back yesterday told me that everything was wired correctly and there was no reason that it shouldn't work. He walked through every scenario with Directv's tech support and his local supervisor.

I appreciate all the help tonight guys. If anyone has any other suggestions I'll be happy to try them.

Do you think it could just be that my HDDVR is defective and won't share the playlist with the network?
Possible, but I think it might just be "stuck" in off mode as far as the deca is concerned. Not sure the work around, I've done resets before and had results. Re-doing satellite setup has had favorable results, but I wouldn't do that if you aren't sure of your signal strengths.

The tech that came back yesterday told me that everything was wired correctly and there was no reason that it shouldn't work. He walked through every scenario with Directv's tech support and his local supervisor.

One more thing:

I just ran a system test and got the following message:

Cannot Detect Home Network
Your receiver is configured to work with a home network but the network was not detected. Please check your network cabling and equipment. Select "Test Again" to see if this has solved the issue.

Diagnostic code: 70-73-425

Does that "network" mean that the cables coming in from the satellite and through the house aren't set up properly, or is it talking "network" as in internet and ethernet?

One more thing:

I just ran a system test and got the following message:

Cannot Detect Home Network
Your receiver is configured to work with a home network but the network was not detected. Please check your network cabling and equipment. Select "Test Again" to see if this has solved the issue.

Diagnostic code: 70-73-425

Does that "network" mean that the cables coming in from the satellite and through the house aren't set up properly, or is it talking "network" as in internet and ethernet?

Ok, that seems to hit something there.

go to menu>setup>systemsetup>networksetup

Then hit restore defaults. Make sure you don't hook this back up to the ethernet cable. It won't let your MRV work.

If this didn't resolve your issue, I would give it a red button reset and then check everything.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)