MSNBC HD Now Available

Dish just released the following Press Release regarding MSNBC HD. :)

MSNBC HD NOW AVAILABLE NATIONWIDE EXCLUSIVELY ON DISH NETWORK

Englewood, Colo. – July 9, 2009 DISH Network today introduced MSNBC HD, becoming the first and only pay-TV provider to offer the channel to consumers nationwide.

“As the leader in high definition programming with more than 140 national HD channels, we are pleased to be the only pay-TV provider to offer MSNBC HD nationwide,” said Dave Shull, senior vice president of Programming for DISH Network. “Nowhere else will consumers find the variety of HD programming and award-winning DVR technology at the low everyday prices that DISH Network offers.”

“MSNBC is in the best competitive place it’s ever been, beating CNN in primetime and continuing incredible growth,” said Phil Griffin, President, MSNBC. “Broadcasting in HD is only going to help us build on the great success we’ve had so far this year, and will give viewers what they’ve been asking for, a full high definition broadcast of MSNBC.”

DISH Network customers will now be able to watch MSNBC's popular primetime programming in full high definition, including the highly rated and critically acclaimed "Countdown with Keith Olbermann," "The Rachel Maddow Show," "Hardball with Chris Matthews," and the smartest morning show on television, "Morning Joe."

MSNBC HD is located on DISH Network Ch. 209 in Classic Silver 200 with HD and above, available to customers starting at $22.99 per month for the first six months, along with free installation, a free HD DVR and three months of free premium channels, including HBO and Showtime.

For more information about DISH Network, visit www.dishnetwork.com.

It is so awesome. They have 16:9 programming in the morning and evening and then throughout the day, they have news stories and weather along the side of the wide screen.

I don't know what DirecTV is doing. They had better get some national HD rolled out soon. Dish is getting farther ahead of them with each new channel.

It wasn't that long ago we were all bitching non stop about Dish! Maybe they listened??? naaaaa

Turbo subscribers still have plenty to bitch about. I was on the phone downgrading to bronze last night since I'm paying for stuff I'm not getting on Gold + Platinum. The CSR did give me a $10 discount for 5 months, and waived the downgrade fee.

I don't know what DirecTV is doing. They had better get some national HD rolled out soon. Dish is getting farther ahead of them with each new channel.

I know what DirecTV is doing. THEY'RE losing. Losing the HD battle. I'm so glad my DirecTV contract is up in February. They have until then to show me what they've got to keep a 14 year customer.

RFD HD is a must for me, I gotta see that one. MSNBC doesn't bother me as bad as the HUGE lake of Movie Channel feeds in HD and lake of others.

They really disappointed me when they announced all those nationals and they were flippin sports channels in the sports pack. Big backfire in my mind for marketing. Big waste of time getting our hopes up.

Next few months will tell. I will be watching and waiting and deciding come February. A friend just got DVR from dish and its pretty decent. I love the fact they can program the thing completely remotely, manual recordings and all. I know we can tell the DVR to record programs but I'm talking she can do almost anything remotely. I want remote to be able to add time to programs like sports, and to be able to do complete manual recordings from a hotel room or my desk at work.

Mostly I want more HD. That will be the deciding factor for me.

All is well now.

I called Dish and they sent an authorizing signal to my box, followed by a check switch and program guide download and I've got MSNBC-HD and the other three stations I had lost as well.

Ray

I just got off the chat with DISH. Had to have them send a hit to my receivers to get the channel. 9511 was in red but did not have the map down. Obviously they know about the problem as the tech on the chat mentioned that he had taken a few chat/calls about getting this station added.

-Mark

Turbo subscribers still have plenty to bitch about. I was on the phone downgrading to bronze last night since I'm paying for stuff I'm not getting on Gold + Platinum. The CSR did give me a $10 discount for 5 months, and waived the downgrade fee.

What's all this about? Haven't heard anything about discontent with TurboHD. Maybe you should start a thread about it.

I would not worry too much about the quality of the commercials. Too bad they don't have Hardball in true HD yet. I'm assuming that if it is a square picture, then it is just upconverted SD.

I think that the Ed Show looked really good. Maybe your HD TV needs to be adjusted?

Don't think so, brand new Sony 52Z5100 on which I can see the pancake makeup on Bill O'Reilly's face and the few wisps of hair remaining on the top of his head. Compare Fox News HD to MSNBC HD and the PQ difference should be obvious.

Don't think so, brand new Sony 52Z5100 on which I can see the pancake makeup on Bill O'Reilly's face and the few wisps of hair remaining on the top of his head. Compare Fox News HD to MSNBC HD and the PQ difference should be obvious.

It looks fine to me. I don't know what to tell you. Of course I would rather watch a TV test pattern than Fox News.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)