MSNBC HD Now Available

I have two VIP 211 receivers.
MSNBC-HD is available on one list of HD channels on one receiver.
On the other, it is Red.

I've tried the hard re-set twice on the 211 where the channel is Red but to no avail.

And those 14 MSNBC viewers are going to be a bit disappointed based on what I'm viewing on 209 right now. A few HD commercials in pillorboxed format (black bars sides, top, & bottom), more up-scaled SD commercials in 4:3 format, and the main program, Hardball, in 4:3 with big, colored side bars and a very soft PQ that I guess could be HD, but isn't up to what other HD cable news shows have for PQ.

Oh, the Ed Show just came on an it is actually in 16:9, though the PQ is still soft.

The wife watches MSNBC a lot and I told her she can start watching it in HD now. Even though she tried to tell me she watched it in HD last night..... :haha

I wish I could look at SD programming and think it was in HD.

Even without MSNBC-HD, Fox News HD, Fox Business HD, FX HD, MTV HD, VH1 HD, Nick HD and Speed HD I'm still happy with Dish HD Absolute.

E* will have to add at least another dozen or so HD channels to the other subscription packages, revamp the channel line ups in those packages and adjust the pricing structure to get me to voluntarily switch to another subscription package.

Until then I'm sticking with the best deal in HD: HD Absolute. I'm paying $57 per month for HD Absolute, HBO, my local HD channels and the DVR. Not bad at all.

I agree, when I called up to complain they tried to convince me to switch packages and were going to give me like $10 or $20 a month off, but after that expired I would be up like $30 a month!

And those 14 MSNBC viewers are going to be a bit disappointed based on what I'm viewing on 209 right now. A few HD commercials in pillorboxed format (black bars sides, top, & bottom), more up-scaled SD commercials in 4:3 format, and the main program, Hardball, in 4:3 with big, colored side bars and a very soft PQ that I guess could be HD, but isn't up to what other HD cable news shows have for PQ.

Oh, the Ed Show just came on an it is actually in 16:9, though the PQ is still soft.

I would not worry too much about the quality of the commercials. Too bad they don't have Hardball in true HD yet. I'm assuming that if it is a square picture, then it is just upconverted SD.

I think that the Ed Show looked really good. Maybe your HD TV needs to be adjusted?

Crap get I had to get two rehits to get FX HD enabled when it was made available, but MSnbc, got it right off the bat.

After 2 resets, and 2 "check switches" I still don't have MSNBC-HD. My package is Classic Gold 250 + Gold HD + Platinum HD.

I seem to have also lost FX HD, BET HD, and SPEED HD. I don't really watch these - but I assume I had them yesterday. These three channels plus MSNBC all show up in red in the 9400-9500 range - no other HD versions of these stations anywhere else. I still have the SD versions of these stations - including MSNBC.

Guess its time to call DISH.

Ray

All is well now.

I called Dish and they sent an authorizing signal to my box, followed by a check switch and program guide download and I've got MSNBC-HD and the other three stations I had lost as well.

Ray

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts