mtv networks

You know what that means, VH1 leaves and takes the true classics with it. MTV will bring in classic pop and rap (as if there isn't enough places to get that). Viacom sucks.

Some of us remember mtv pre-rap..besides they are adding other mtv channels

Look for VH1 Classic to become MTV Classic on August 1st.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app
If it's anything like MTV classics around the world, it would be better than what vh1 classic is now. But who knows. Launching on August 1st, they should air the first however many hours of videotape they have of the original MTV launch or at least play the same videos. They did the videos for the 25th anniversary of mtv.

Reactions: yomama
Looking at the video now () it appears to be a US unique thing. I'd be fine with it if they actually utilized much of their library, not just a few shows and kept videos in the morning. It was disappointing when they did "the splat" on teenick they made it out to be that they would show a whole bunch of old shows like double dare, hidden temple, and you can't do that on tv and it turned out to mostly be the same thing they had been showing for the past 5 years. Vh1 classic had been a little stale recently though, everything was music videos (the same ones, no rarities) that metal show or concerts from 2006 of old groups.

Reactions: yomama
Since dropping to AT200, I haven't had VH1 Classic in over a year. The only thing I watched on it was 120 Minutes, so no loss either way. I assume the rebranded channel will remain in AT250?

Sirius 80s on 8 has the original mtv vjs on all of the time just have to keep listening. Julie brown and the like.

11:00 am - 2:00 pm '80s on 8 with Nina Blackwood
2:00 pm - 6:00 pm '80s on 8 with Alan Hunter

600 pm - 9:00 pm Big 40 Countdown Mark Goodman, Nina Blackwood, Alan Hunter and Martha Quinn count down the Big 40 hits of each week from a particular year of the decade of "excess!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts