mtv networks

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have AT250, and I can see the MTV channels on 362-366 and 368, but they are in Red. So not available in AT250

Yeah, they just un-hid them, and BBC World News, this afternoon according to the uplink report on the other site. (I don't know why our uplink report only works sporadically anymore. I'd say maybe it doesn't pick up all the new flags, but it reports on the status of the Hidden flag when anything else happens to a channel...)

My question is, what the hell is the point of un-hiding them? People are going to call in and ask about them and get directed to the Flex Pack, BUT, are they going to be told that they're going to LOSE MTV and MTV Live if they switch?!

Someone at Dish needs to lose their job for fraudulently posing as a human being.

It doesn't even make logical sense that the MTV Networks would be part of Flex Pack anyways. Think about it, the package is being advertised as "50+ of the most POPULAR channels". Are these MTV suite of channels really that popular? They really would be a better fit in the AT250 package, IMO. I look at how much I'm paying every month for AT250, and wonder why these channels are not part of that package that I pay a lot for. It is also crazy how if you want BBCWN, you have to add News Pack just to get that one channel. $10 a month for 1 SD channel doesn't make any sense to me. Dish should consider changing this.

I started a Dish Chat this morning and quickly left when the rep. had no idea what I was talking about. I started a "conversation" with a DIRT user (ZachS) and was told, "We have no indication that these will be available in any other package."

Who else can we provide feedback to to try and get these added to an AT package?

Reactions: reddice
I think Dish will end up doing this in the end. If enough customers complain, BBCWN and the MTV Networks may eventually be added to the AT packages.

This is actually NOT the first time this has happened w/DISH; when they first added Hallmark Movie Ch (now Hallmark Movies & Mysteries) they ONLY added it to the DISH Family pkg - & NO other pkg, nor was there a way to get it "a la carte" with any AT pkg. As I recall, it took somewhere between 6 months - 1 year before they ALSO added it to what is now AT250. :rolleyes:

It doesn't even make logical sense that the MTV Networks would be part of Flex Pack anyways. Think about it, the package is being advertised as "50+ of the most POPULAR channels". Are these MTV suite of channels really that popular?

Are the shopping and religious channels that Dish uses to pad their numbers on this or ANY package that popular?

I called Dish twice yesterday to see what the CSR's were saying. Come to find out, neither time did the CSR even know about the MTV channels or BBC World. I explained that the channels were indeed up there and when I switched to all channels, they are in the guide, but show in red, so I can not view them. The CSR's knew nothing of the channels, so unless they know about them, how can they offer them to the public? The first CSR told me that he figured that the channels would be in AT250 in time, as that pack has all of the new basic channels when added. That would be my guess too. But it is odd to think about any channel Dish would get, that anyone could not subscribe to from any pack. Like if I wanted a Latino pack, I could have it added to AT250. That thought of having to go to Flex and then add it, makes no sense. I have no plans to move from AT250 at this time as I am happy with the lineup. The Flex pack does have one advantage as there are no sports in the pack. But by the time I would add everything that is in AT250, I would spend more money and have less channels. Keep up the phone call to Dish. We should have these basic channels without jumping through hoops. Direct TV as well as Charter sure does not sell BBC World like that.

You can't get all the MTV channels with Flex -- you can't get MTV itself and MTV Live, and maybe MTV Classic. And if you want the REAL music channel, AXS, you have to add a sports pack. It's literally insane, I can't believe anyone approved such nonsense.

You can't get all the MTV channels with Flex -- you can't get MTV itself and MTV Live, and maybe MTV Classic. And if you want the REAL music channel, AXS, you have to add a sports pack. It's literally insane, I can't believe anyone approved such nonsense.
I agree. The Flex Pack and the add-on packs are good in concept, they were just executed poorly by DISH.

I agree. The Flex Pack and the add-on packs are good in concept, they were just executed poorly by DISH.

May be in the next month will be including all shopping channel, because theses channel paid to DISH, also the Religious because is free.

The problem is that DISH need to add some channel in theses additional package and recreate other like a "Specialty sport" that including Golf, NBA, MLB, a "Vatiety plus" including AXS, Chiller,FYI,OXYGEN "Education" adding Science, AHC, Destination, ID.

What I don't get about putting it in high tier packages (and them not being on dish and directv in the first place) is the fact that nearly every single one of these channels is the lowest costing channels per subscriber. On the 2009 sheet, half of them cost $0.01 each.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)