mtv networks

Maybe the other channels that aren't included in the add on packs or the flex pack ,haven't negotiated their contracts to do so. Or they have been negotiated to stay exclusively in the top programming packs only. This idea for the Flex pack has most likely been in the works for a few years ( I've been suggesting this type of system for years ) and the number of channels that are in the packs and add on packs have been slowly been added as their contracts have been renegotiated. That might be why there is no MTV channel in the Flex pack ,but the lesser known MTV2 and the new Mtv music channels ,that cost very little are included. Also the channel negotiations most likely have included SLING TV like with the NFL channel that was recently added to SLING TV. I have confidence that eventually all the channels that are in the Flex pack ,but not in the top programming packs will be eventually included in them. I don't see DISH excluding them from the packs intentionally. It is most likely a work in progress and it will change in the near future. This Flex pack is all part of the new skinny bundle created to attract cord cutters , who still might want a dvr and those who don't want only live tv options with SLING TV. It is a good first start. Now if you want , you could always start contacting DISH by email and ask them directly why the channels you want are not in the top programming packs or vice a versa the Flex pack or add on packs. This will create demand for change to DISH and the more people that ask them about this more they will need to address it. They do read this web board as well ,but it makes sense to create a paper or email trail about these issues.

Reactions: jamesjimcie
It would be nice to have more 'packs' to add. Something like a pack with more national sports with Golf and NBC Sports and a few more. And something else with BBCA.

Hopefully going forward some additions/changes will be forthcoming.

Sent from my samus using Tapatalk

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Would love it if they eventually added BBC America and MTV into one of the add on packs too. I do watch some of the shows on these two channels ,but for now adding them to my Amazon prime tv will do . There is only one season of Orphan Black and one season of Teen Wolf left to watch , so I will buy the seasons of both shows to finish out both programs. The rest of the time I rarely watch either of these two channels.

Reactions: styxfix
My 5-channel pick-em pack would be NBCSN, Sci, BBCA, ID, GSN

Yeah, I'm going to pretend this pick-em option exists until it does. :)

Reactions: pattykay
Sports: Velocity, FS2, NFL, MLB, NHL NBA, Local RSNs.$10

NFL REDZONE $4

Kids : Boomerang, Disney Jr, Disney, Disney XD, Nick,Teen Nick, Nick Jr. $10

ESPN: ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews, ESPN. $10

Heartland pack looks good the way it is.

Encore looks Good too, but I would add Encore East HD and remove Movie Plex $6

Variety pack looks good too.

MTV pack: MTV, MTV2, VH1, VH1 classic, MTV live, MTV Hits, MTVU
$6

Top 250 should include all Basepackage channels.

AEP should Die at $140

There is no point when you can get a better deal with the Top250 and all 4 premiums anyway.
Outside tv and Baby TV are not anything to Bragg about for AEP.
Include the DVR fee in AEP and then you'll have something there.

Top 250 with 4 premiums can be obtained for $124.99 with the 6 month discounts.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Last edited:
I was going to switch my dad to the Top 250 (from Top 200) so he could get the MTV Networks once they added them...I guess not now. I assumed all along the Top 250 package would have them and BBCWN.

Reactions: Chris Walker
Haven't noticed this on the website, interesting. They need to address TV Land too, Direct and every cable company I am aware of has the channel in HD

In some article I read, it said that TV Land was one of the top 3 Viacom networks carried by Dish but yet no HD...I inquired about this recently with Dish and was told it depended on the contract with the network. Well why wouldn't it be in HD by now? Less popular channels Logo and Centric are carried in HD, so why not TV Land?

It just not make any sense that BBC World as well as the MTV suite are not in AT250. Downgrading to get those channel,. so Dish will make less? There has to be more to this that what we know or what is coming down the pike. I am hoping these channels do end up in AT250.

I can tell you that the MTV suite of music channels shows music videos all day long in each genre. The BBC World News is news with a British accent. If you don't have them you really aren't missing much,especially since it is in glorious SD. But I am sure that eventually they will end up in the top programming packs eventually. They might even re-align the top programming packs ,since so many channels are now in the top 200 and there is really little need for the top 250.

My guess is Charlie really didn't want to add these low rated channels in the first place but had to during contract negotiations...which is why they were added just for this new Flex package and only in SD. Since hardly any one will have this particular package...he won't have to pay very much for them.

Reactions: Tampa8 and osu1991

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts