Multiple LNB's on a Channel Master 1.2m Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
What is the best way to mount multiple LNB's onto a Channel Master 1.2m dish?

Last year I mounted a C-band LNB on my Channel Master 1.2m dish using clamps designed by (caddata) which worked very well, but now I would like to mount two or perhaps three LNB's onto the same dish. I am thinking of keeping the KU LNB centered in its black plastic mount and attaching a C band LNB and perhaps a DSS LNB on the sides.

So far, I have purchased a variety of conduit hangers and fence clamps to attach the LNB's, but none seem to work very well. Conduit hangers are not available in sizes larger than 2" to hold a C band LNB. Tonight I purchased a 2 3/8" fence clamp that works better, but I don't know how I should attach it to the KU LNB plastic mount.

If anyone has pictures of their setup of multiple LNB's on a Channel Master 1.2m dish I would love to see them to get ideas.

I know of 2 solutions for multifeed on a Channel Master 1.2 meter:

Official solution:

Back in the days of Channel Master, the company offered a multifeed solution. The reference is model 6067/01.

Here is a picture of it:

picture7iww.png

Then there is a non-official solution: DIY

Here is a guy in Holland "bambike" in forum Sat4all. He has his own DIY solution:

57176.jpg

57177.jpg

Hope this helps.

Charly20
picture7iww.png

That 6067/01 part is very interesting! I imagine it would be hard to locate, especially with Channel Master changing corporate hands, but it might not be a bad idea to check with Dow...

The DigiWave brackets look interesting, but I have a GeosatPro 1.2M dish which has a round, not square mounting arm. Does anyone know of a similar solution which will let me mount both my QPH-031 and GeoSatpro C2 LNBFs?

Here's my redneck rig for 123/129. Going to try to add 125 when I get the time. Just made from 1/2 x 1/8 mild steel and some scrap bolts and an extra lnb holder.

Attachments

• rnr 1.JPG
    rnr 1.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 751
  • rnr 2.JPG
    rnr 2.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 526
  • rnr 3.JPG
    rnr 3.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 553
I know of 2 solutions for multifeed on a Channel Master 1.2 meter:

Official solution:

Back in the days of Channel Master, the company offered a multifeed solution. The reference is model 6067/01.

Here is a picture of it:

picture7iww.png

Then there is a non-official solution: DIY

Here is a guy in Holland "bambike" in forum Sat4all. He has his own DIY solution:

57176.jpg

57177.jpg

Hope this helps.

Charly20
picture7iww.png

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much for providing the information and pictures.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)