my 4dtv dsr922 at evenings unable to get signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sportgirl

Original poster
Jun 29, 2008
need help on the following, since had been reading and have some idea but not sure::confused:
For three nights in a roll my dsr922 lose signal and at the next morning I check about 8 am and has signal. I had been getting other issues, like i can't get dc light on G1-3 and only the nbc channel 12 not 11 or 5. and have a subscription that wont get me all the channels missing a few. I change the lnb to a digital of 17K and the RG6 cable. and the ebno says +3.0 and +4.0. Thanks for any help.
I have a 13' mesh dish since 1986, the 4dtv was given to me by a friend so dont know much about it, also remote is not working I' using the remote of GI super 350iand once a strong wind (Puerto Rico) got it out of the ark.

Do you have sparklies on analog? If so check dish alignment. G1 also has a weak footprint south of Texas. The LNB may also have drift issues.

Maybe you need a bigger dish for your location and/or a higher stability, name-brand, LNB?

As for the remote, as far as I know you need the remote that's dedicated to the 4DTV or a "universal" remote that can be programmed to work with the 4DTV. For example, I have an older analog GI receiver that has a remote control that won't work with my 4DTV even though the brands are the same.

Do you have sparklies on analog? If so check dish alignment. G1 also has a weak footprint south of Texas. The LNB may also have drift issues.

Yes have have sparklies on analog.
will be checking dish alignment. I had the California amp. Mini-Mag Lnb 20K, change it at the first lost of singnal, now has a Precision Model PMJ gold label series digital compatible -mini-c-bannd LNB 17'K . and still the same problem, could it be any of the lnbs.
Thanks for your answer. inform later on that

Maybe you need a bigger dish for your location and/or a higher stability, name-brand, LNB?

As for the remote, as far as I know you need the remote that's dedicated to the 4DTV or a "universal" remote that can be programmed to work with the 4DTV. For example, I have an older analog GI receiver that has a remote control that won't work with my 4DTV even though the brands are the same.

My dish is a 13' (feet) and it worked great wen it was only analog the lnb is a precision 17K, but it had the same problem when it had the california amplifier 20 K.
but will be checking to see if its any of what you had stated. Oh, and the remote from my analog wont do all the work as the 4dtv one but its helping, but better with the 4dtv remote.
Thanks for your help.

Yes have have sparklies on analog.
will be checking dish alignment. I had the California amp. Mini-Mag Lnb 20K, change it at the first lost of singnal, now has a Precision Model PMJ gold label series digital compatible -mini-c-bannd LNB 17'K . and still the same problem, could it be any of the lnbs.
Thanks for your answer. inform later on that

If you have sparklies on analog you will have problems with digital. I would suggest a full alignment of the dish. (should be done yearly) Also make sure the feedhorn is aligned right and functioning properly. If after alignment C4 and C3 are strong but G1 is down you are experiencing the reduced footprint to the south that G1 now has since it was replaced. All you could do to correct that is get a larger dish.

If you have sparklies on analog you will have problems with digital. I would suggest a full alignment of the dish. (should be done yearly) Also make sure the feedhorn is aligned right and functioning properly. If after alignment C4 and C3 are strong but G1 is down you are experiencing the reduced footprint to the south that G1 now has since it was replaced. All you could do to correct that is get a larger dish.
thanks one more time for your attention, will take me some time, need to get someone to help my dish is up on roof of the garage, and here in Puerto Rico there are not that much of persons that nows to work this kind of dishes. As soon as I get all straight i will inform back.

Thanks for the help you all given me

:)here still with my issues on my c-band, reading a lot, some times I get clear mind and other confused. Working these up with my husband who as helped a lot even that he had never been interested in how it works only on the satisfaction of watching TV, but for sure thanks for his patient with every week following my instructions; I'm the one into this and the BUD is up in the garage like 9feet.
Can some one give advise on: should I get a new LNB with servo motor also or an LNBF if so any suggestions.
Thanks, and keep up :up

If you are going to get up there or send someone up there to replace the LNB then it would be a good idea to replace the servo at the same time.
There are others that would disagree with me on this but I have a LNBF on my BUD and once it is all set up properly it works like a dream! There are advantages to using a servo in that you can tweak the signal to get that last little bit of quality. There are also some satellites in which the skew is a little off.
It might be easier for tuning to use a servo because there would be less up and down a ladder to fine tune your skew.
On the down side, being as how the servo is a mechanical piece, it will eventually break.

Thanks for the advise

If you are going to get up there or send someone up there to replace the LNB then it would be a good idea to replace the servo at the same time.
There are others that would disagree with me on this but I have a LNBF on my BUD and once it is all set up properly it works like a dream! There are advantages to using a servo in that you can tweak the signal to get that last little bit of quality. There are also some satellites in which the skew is a little off.
It might be easier for tuning to use a servo because there would be less up and down a ladder to fine tune your skew.
On the down side, being as how the servo is a mechanical piece, it will eventually break.
on the LNB and the servo, think i will follow up. las night, got my GI 350i hook it up to see if the problem was only in my 4dtv, but its also with the analog, then a nother problem arrived when hooked up the 4dtv now could'nt move the dish the counter wont move the numbers and it goes little by little as i pulse it up now it wont go all the way down. Any idea what could it be?
thanks for any help here

Have You tried a different coax cable from the receiver to the lnb(f). Maybe bad or pinched spot on the cable causing voltage loss = signal lose. Check all cables running to the dish for pinches or brakes.

dish wont move now

Have You tried a different coax cable from the receiver to the lnb(f). Maybe bad or pinched spot on the cable causing voltage loss = signal lose. Check all cables running to the dish for pinches or brakes.
Yes checked that already and the coax cable is brand new no pinches or brakes.
but what about the 4dtv wont change numbers and wont move from west to east. it is stuck in c4. when the reed button is move by hand then the dish can be moved little by little don't now how to separate east and west limits.

master reset

If all else fells, you could try a Master Reset on your 4dtv box.[/QUOTE

that's what I was thinking, but was not sure if it could help. In this moment it's on sat C3 does it matters that is not in the G1? or should I try to lower it to the G1 first? Please advise. Thanks

master reset help please

did the master reset now don't have the digital channels only from 1 to 24. what can I do now? waited for more than a 1/2 hour still none.:confused: and the actuator wont move.
Help please

one thing to do is use a digital volt meter and check for dc volts on the output of "M1 and M2" motor terminals while pushing an east or west button. this will verify the receiver is putting out volts to the motor.

actuator motor could be bad if dish won't move.

after a master reset i think you need to get your dish to G1 (G15 as its called now) and tune to channel 3. verify a DC II lock light (green) unplug receiver and plug back in and wait for new channel maps to download into the receiver. takes 30 minutes they say.

you could even maybe use a battery charger for a car and touch the wires from M1 and m2 and see if the dish tries to move. be careful and don't run the dish too far east or west because the hardware limits on the motor may not be setup. some installers are lazy and don't set the limit switches and will allow the dish to flop over or kill the motor running the arm to far into the worm gear.

you need to be able to get on the roof and check everything. Don't get hurt or fall off the roof. my dish is in my yard so a step ladder and patio table to hold a small tv and the receiver is how i diagnose my problems when i ever have them.

i use an extension cord to power the receiver and tv. use a short piece of coax from the lnb to the receiver and a short wire harness from the motor and servo to the receiver for testing.

it's about the only way to get to the bottom of your problem. i know its hard to find technicians who know c band these days. its a shame one of us is not closer to you and could help.

If your on C3 still you could manually tune in the showtime mux to remap your box.
I'll try to tell you how,but I have a 905 Digital only no analog so my steps maybe different than yours.For me to Manually Tune Frequency's first I go to option than I hit 6-7-7-8.From here there is a spot for the Polarity (Vertical), frequency (1075.000),Symbol Rate (19510),and Coding Mode or FEC (3/4). Next hit the tune button and see if your Green DCII light comes on,if so let it set for 30mins. If all goes well you should see all the sat maps in the installation settings under memorized satellites. Hope this helps. 1 ? have you looked at the limits on the 4dtv box to make sure they are still set right. If not that could be why the dish wont move east to west.

Thanks Long hair, Truckracer and all that has given me some light on my issues, will be working on it next year 2010. By now I can move the actuator little by little, so maybe the problem is in the actuator it self. Have a great new year eve and a better New Year 2010.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts