My installation and questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

barryb

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2004
I just had voom install Friday the 16th.
Issue 1. My local installer Satellite Technology charged me $59 for running seperate line for OTA. I told him the information I had stated there should be no charge. He called Installs, Inc. and they also told him he should not charge the customer. He still charged me saying his work order called for using diplexer and running one line. I said I would pay him and seek refund from Installs, Inc. I have emailed Joe at Installs but have not heard back. I have talked with billing department at Installs, Inc. they called back and left message that I should seek refund from my local install company and they have called and left message with them. I have not heard from anyone. I will give a couple of days and resume my efforts. How is the best way to get refund?

Issue 2. No DVI cable supplied. Called - they are supposed to be sending one.

Issue 3. No OTA locals. I know I can receive locals as I have dish network model 6000 with a inside antenna (Silver Sensor) That I receive my HD locals through. I am only maybe 7 or 8 miles from the towers. Locals are on two towers both within 10 degrees of each other from my location. The installer used the Stealth antenna with the power adapter. We checked the Stealth by hooking it to my dish receiver. We were able to received stations but the signal was not as good as my indoor antenna! We were unable to get any picture on the Voom box for locals. The locals did map and show in the guide with program info. Installer called Installs, Inc. and spoke with a tech named Jessie. They were unable to resolve. The installer left and said if they are not working in the morning to call Jessie at Installs. I called Jessie Sat. the 17th and left message. Jessie return my call later and said he was putting in a service call to replace the box. I requested from Jessie at different installer this time if possible as I was not pleased with the first guy. I originally had my install through Data Link. They at declined due to installer out. Jessie said on Monday he would try to get my service call reassigned to Data Link. and would get back to me. It is Tuesday and I left another message for Jessie to call to update me as I want to get this resolved this week as I am on vacation this week.

I noticed this morning when I brought up the guide I a got a feedback through my subwoofer. I powered off Voom box and tried my dish receiver and got the same thing. I unpluged the power adapter to the Stealth antenna and It went away. I am leaving it unplugged until the service call. Whenever that will be.

Overall very pleased with Voom content and quality. The box is a little "buggy". I got the software update the first night. I get snowy picture some times when changing channels and no sound some times. Is this being corrected or is this a box issue that may go away with new box?

New Voomer
Barry B.

Why in the world did you pay him to begin with???

If they are using the diplexer I don't think you should use the power adapter for the stealth. As long as they have the power amp board in the antenna, the diplexer should power it via the power for the dish from the rcvr. That is my understanding. Cause my power adapter was never hooked up.

Barry --- Maybe Joe is out today but he is usually very good at getting you this resolved. In case you do not hear from him, try to email "Wilt Hildenbrand" <wilth@optonline.net> and I am sure that you will get your money back.

Second Issue: Your OTA. So you are using two lines: 1 sat and 1 OTA and your local mapping is fine. What type of strength/quality you get from OTA when you go to the system settings?

StevenD said:
Why in the world did you pay him to begin with???

Because I wanted seperate lines no diplexer, And I knew from posts on this forum I could get a refund.

Sean Mota said:
Barry --- Maybe Joe is out today but he is usually very good at getting you this resolved. In case you do not hear from him, try to email "Wilt Hildenbrand" <wilth@optonline.net> and I am sure that you will get your money back.

Second Issue: Your OTA. So you are using two lines: 1 sat and 1 OTA and your local mapping is fine. What type of strength/quality you get from OTA when you go to the system settings?

Sean,
I copied the email to Wilt also. I don't recall the strength/quality I was getting. The installer said they were very high. In fact when he was talking to Installs, Inc. for help he asked if the signal could be too strong. Now I am getting no readings for locals on signal.

Barry

barryb said:
Sean,
I copied the email to Wilt also. I don't recall the strength/quality I was getting. The installer said they were very high. In fact when he was talking to Installs, Inc. for help he asked if the signal could be too strong. Now I am getting no readings for locals on signal.

Barry

High as to the satellite or OTA? Anyway, I had a similar problem with a receiver. Everything checked out except I was not getting any signal. When I checked my quality/strength for OTA (system settings). I saw "0" for quality and a crazy number like "12345...". It turned out to be a faulty receiver.

Sean Mota said:
High as to the satellite or OTA? Anyway, I had a similar problem with a receiver. Everything checked out except I was not getting any signal. When I checked my quality/strength for OTA (system settings). I saw "0" for quality and a crazy number like "12345...". It turned out to be a faulty receiver.

High as to OTA. We were getting OTA readings for quality. My Sat strength when installed was 52. Now 95 with new software. We tried my indoor antenna to the Voom receiver and could not get a picture. I think I have two problems the Voom receiver is most likely defective, and I don't feel real good about the Stealth antenna.

Ominous1 said:
It is pluged into the correct port correct?

Yes. In the 8vsp? (i forget the letters) module. And we were getting signal readings, just no picture.

Barry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)