My New Voom Install...

bill987654

Original poster
May 21, 2004
MY INSTALL:

Called Voom about 10 days ago. I read the faq, and how you should call installer and keep up. I basically did nothing and expected them to do their job without me holding their hand. Everything worked like it was supposed to. I was scheduled from 10-1, and the guy showed up at 10:02. Installed everything in about 90 minutes, and put up a winegard antenna for locals. Locals look good with no bad channels. He used a diplexer with no ill effects. Overall a good experience.

MY IMPRESSION:

The movies mostly arent that great, but I wasnt expecting them to be. Still there are some decent programs to watch. The HDTV programming looks fantastic with my sony Grand Wega LCD using the DVI. The menu on the voom system is terriby annoying, because it doesnt start on the same channel you left off at and instead starts at channel 100 each time. Also my box locked up twice and I had to reset each time, does anyone have a cure for this? The box has not updated to the newest software yet, will that cure the problem?

OVERALL:

Very happy with my decision so far. It looks like im just in time to catch my beloved lakers on TNTHD tonight, so if that is broadcast in HD I will be one happy camper. Great service, and I like the fact that they are still a small company. That keeps them in touch with there customer, and they care about what we think. Word of mouth will grow Voom much more right now then all there cheesy ads. I'm not worried about them going out of business like some have mentioned. There are some extremely deep pockets backing Voom. As the little annoyances are solved, this could finally be the killer app for HD.

THUMBS UP

bill987654,

Welcome aboard!

You will get the version update in a day or two. Just leave the STB off (in stand-by) overnight. Lockups may still happen after the update, but they will not occur that often.

Enjoy VOOM!

Great, its nice to join a community like this. I will take your suggestion and leave the box off tonight, and hopefully get the update out of the way. Thanks

I think it will be word of mouth, but mainly when people see your tv, is what will sell them to voom...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)