My order finally came in, now to get started

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AmyGrendel

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
Hi all.

My order for a Coolsat 5000, Digiwave SG2100, Digiwave 39" dish and Digiwave .3 LNB arrived yesterday. I only found one place in Canada that had good prices, shipping and would take my Mastercard. And all this was shipped for $60 @ 2000 miles :)

Anyways Tim found a spot in the yard for me for the pole and started digging. I'm just waiting for it to cure. My location is 105, 41'W by 53, 13'N.

From what I have read here my south satellite should be AMC15@105 correct?

While the pole was curing I set the LNB on my other dish and got the Dish Promo channel on AMC15 programmed in the Coolsat to get ready to get the rotor setup.

Mods, can my screen name be changed? The other half here would like to get into FTA but doesn't like using my screen name if he has to ask questions. Something more unisex.. LOL

AmyGrendel said:
Hello Amy, welcome to the forum....
AmyGrendel said:
Yes, this is correct....
AmyGrendel said:
The other half here would like to get into FTA but doesn't like using my screen name if he has to ask questions. Something more unisex.. LOL
Tell the other half to stay off of here, we would much rather have you on here.
But, seriously, I'm sure the Mods can help you out. Good luck with your install and your name change.

Al

I would get your other half to sign up for himself! With a different name then we know who we are talking to :)

:welcome

AmyGrendel said:
Anyways Tim found a spot in the yard for me for the pole and started digging. I'm just waiting for it to cure. My location is 105, 41'W by 53, 13'N.

yep that is correct :)

Mods, can my screen name be changed? The other half here would like to get into FTA but doesn't like using my screen name if he has to ask questions. Something more unisex.. LOL
send a PM to Scott. He's the owner of the site and the only one who can change it :)

send a PM to Scott

Wow you guys are fast around here.

Truth be told, Tim is knowledgeable about satellites and such as he is into ham radio, and at one time did loads of satellite installs here, even one for guy who wanted Galaxy10. He wasn't interested in this till I started playing around with a Twinhan card he found. Now he's looking for a big cband dish, I bet he's hooked.

Besides posting under a "girls" name he wasn't sure if having two accounts showing under one IP was a good thing here.

Thanks guys.

No problems with two accounts! Its totally valid in your position!
Let us know what name he chooses!

Welcome! A word of caution - being on this board will make you want more! I am prime example. I thought all I wanted was G10. That was a few months ago, now I have mulitple dishes and lnbs :) Just ordered a 2nd receiver - why? I have no clue! - well actually I did becuase you all were talking about how the receivers took a nose dive in price, and it looked cool :) Anyway, WELCOME!

Well he helped abit. He got a dish, tried for Galaxy10, gave up and put in on AMC4 and left it in his computer. I watched the only good channel on it KUIL and figured out how to reaim the dish myself.. with some help from him from time to time. I think he wanted to play with satellites more but never had time. I got interested in it and now its something we can do together. He has made his own dish for wireless stuff so I know he has a clue :)

iafirebuff said:
Welcome! A word of caution - being on this board will make you want more! I am prime example. I thought all I wanted was G10. That was a few months ago, now I have mulitple dishes and lnbs :) Just ordered a 2nd receiver - why? I have no clue! - well actually I did becuase you all were talking about how the receivers took a nose dive in price, and it looked cool :) Anyway, WELCOME!
Wow. You're nuts!!! Oh wait. I'm the same way after only a few days.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Coolsat 4000

Syndicated show feeds

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts