My Recent Exchange with Pansat USA!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Panarex

Pansat USA has certainly made some changes recently, I went there today to download a manual for my 2700 as I have misplaced mine. First thing is a pop up concerning signal theft. That being said anything Pansat does at this point would not surprise me even if doesn't make any sense at all. For them to stop making parts or add-ons would Not surprise me.

Pansat USA has certainly made some changes recently, I went there today to download a manual for my 2700 as I have misplaced mine. First thing is a pop up concerning signal theft. That being said anything Pansat does at this point would not surprise me even if doesn't make any sense at all. For them to stop making parts or add-ons would Not surprise me.

Here ya go, a copy of their warning, lol
Looks like DN has Pansat scared to death. Like I stated, the S2 Plus tuner module is an accessory. It's a money maker for them, it seems to me that they most likely made the new TC-1000 model to promote sales on the tuner module being that it doesn't come with one, it may be another marketing strategy and a way to protect themselves from DN by not marketing a ready-to-hack model. This could be a clause in their agreement. Just my thoughts on this.

Attachments

• PS_WARNING.JPG
    PS_WARNING.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 165
What am I missing here? Has Dish Network or Nagrastar been hacked? Is DN suing Pansat for signal theft? Last time I looked you could not even get NASA off a DN sat and thats a true FTA channel.

I have a Pansat 2500HD with the Plus board and the newest factory bin and I have to flip the power switch off and on probably twice a day to unfreeze it. Freezing almost always happens when I'm changing channels. The day after I received it, I sent it back to Panarex for repair but they said there was nothing wrong with it and they don't have any freezing problems. They blamed me for "user error". What the he?? did I do wrong by hitting the channel button or switching to another sat?

searay

Welcome searay

What am I missing here? Has Dish Network or Nagrastar been hacked? Is DN suing Pansat for signal theft? Last time I looked you could not even get NASA off a DN sat and thats a true FTA channel.

I have a Pansat 2500HD with the Plus board and the newest factory bin and I have to flip the power switch off and on probably twice a day to unfreeze it. Freezing almost always happens when I'm changing channels. The day after I received it, I sent it back to Panarex for repair but they said there was nothing wrong with it and they don't have any freezing problems. They blamed me for "user error". What the he?? did I do wrong by hitting the channel button or switching to another sat?

searay

Welcome searay, I suppose you mean that you have a 9200HD stb, and for Pansat and DN it seems that there's an issue between the two. Considering Pansat's latest model receiver (TC-1000) that isn't a satellite box unless the user installs a S2 Plus tuner module may indicate there must be something preventing PS from marketing a full functioning satellite Rx. Although the 9200 isn't used for hacking today, there are other older PS models that are from what I've been reading unless something has changed recently or I misread something. I can't think of anything else that would bring DN down on PS. This may be the best that (PS) Pansat can do to stay in business otherwise they should go into the scrap metal trade. This could be another reason why support from PS is nonexistant for full functioning sat boxes, they seem to be encouraging people to send their stb's in for repair, maybe because they want to inspect them hoping to find clues of hacking usage so they can prosecute. And personally, I find their "Piracy Warning" to be somewhat rude by the way it's presented.

I think there is some misunderstanding regarding the optional satellite tuner card for the TC1000. Pansat is calling it the S3 to differentiate it from the current S2 board sold for the 9200. They are not the same board. The S3 card should give the TC1000 the same functionality as a 9200 with S2 card. I was also informed that it will not support 4:2:2.

I think there is some misunderstanding regarding the optional satellite tuner card for the TC1000. Pansat is calling it the S3 to differentiate it from the current S2 board sold for the 9200. They are not the same board. The S3 card should give the TC1000 the same functionality as a 9200 with S2 card. I was also informed that it will not support 4:2:2.

I believe the misunderstandings are caused by typo's. Last I looked, Pansat doesn't make an S3 tuner, no such thing. Then when I looked around for info, I found other sellers who copied the typo's in their product descriptions and some had it correct. If you shop for the S2 tuner, you'll also see that seller's claim it fits the TC-1000 terrestrial receiver. I thought the same as you at first, I even asked questions here on this forum and after hours of researching I came to this conclusion. Do some more research and you'll see what I mean. Now if there's something new that we missed be sure to post your findings. :)

I believe the misunderstandings are caused by typo's. Last I looked, Pansat doesn't make an S3 tuner, no such thing. Then when I looked around for info, I found other sellers who copied the typo's in their product descriptions and some had it correct. If you shop for the S2 tuner, you'll also see that seller's claim it fits the TC-1000 terrestrial receiver. I thought the same as you at first, I even asked questions here on this forum and after hours of researching I came to this conclusion. Do some more research and you'll see what I mean. Now if there's something new that we missed be sure to post your findings. :)

I will repeat myself as I'd prefer that factual information be conveyed.
The "S2" board is for the 9200
The "S3" board is for the TC1000.
The TC1000 with S3 board will not decode 4:2:2.
I was informed the above directly from Pansat and specifically that the S2 and S3 boards are not the same product.
I have no affiliation, relationship, or agenda regarding Pansat products.
I encourage you to call them to verify rather than just make statements based on what you can find from "sellers" or a personal websearch.
I think calling it "S3" is confusing but thats what they are calling it (for now) and is even referenced on their website.
Please have a look for yourself rather than add to confusion of others ;)

More of a reason to get an AZBOX over another pansat product. Do not buy pansat unless you like buggy, cheaply produced products! Glue on the MPEG 2/4 heat sinks come on! I have done a fan mod on mine also, and it has cleared up alot of my issues, but the customer shouldn't have to personally mod there products to get it to work right.

I will repeat myself as I'd prefer that factual information be conveyed.
The "S2" board is for the 9200
The "S3" board is for the TC1000.
The TC1000 with S3 board will not decode 4:2:2.
I was informed the above directly from Pansat and specifically that the S2 and S3 boards are not the same product.
I have no affiliation, relationship, or agenda regarding Pansat products.
I encourage you to call them to verify rather than just make statements based on what you can find from "sellers" or a personal websearch.
I think calling it "S3" is confusing but thats what they are calling it (for now) and is even referenced on their website.
Please have a look for yourself rather than add to confusion of others ;)

Is Pansat selling this S3 board?

More of a reason to get an AZBOX over another pansat product. Do not buy pansat unless you like buggy, cheaply produced products! Glue on the MPEG 2/4 heat sinks come on! I have done a fan mod on mine also, and it has cleared up alot of my issues, but the customer shouldn't have to personally mod there products to get it to work right.

So true! :D

Is Pansat selling this S3 board?

I asked about availability and was told the add-on cards are about a month away.
Pricing information was also not available at this time.
While it has its share of issues, which I'm optimistic will be resolved by firmware shortly, I went with the Azbox Ultra and have no regrets :)

OK, where's the best place to buy one of these AZbox ultras? When I say the best place, I mean the cheapest reputable dealer, or, should I just go to Ebay?

searay

access america/mute issue

> Heck it wouldn't play the Access America feed yesterday even though I had 52 percent quality!

I have had this problem as well. The answer is to press the mute button, switch to the Access America radio channel from another radio channel, and then press the mute button again. The audio should then pop in. The 9200 software seems to be the worst written product since Microsoft wrote Millennium Edition.

THANKS for this tip! I have been trying to listen to the Access America station since I got this reciever (about 6 months ago)! I did the mute trick and IT WORKED! Many, MANY thanks! I just figured that maybe there was a bad TP on the sat or something on their end wrong. It is funny that when listening to the station, I get a 'Scrambled or bad channel' pop up window. But the audio works.
I like the reciever, but have to re-boot about 1-2 times a week. It seems to happen after scanning in looking for wild feeds. I haven't had any problems using the PVR, but I don't use the timer function, I just enjoy recording the off-the-wall wildfeeds I find. :)
-cowpres-

It is funny that when listening to the station, I get a 'Scrambled or bad channel' pop up window. But the audio works. -cowpres-

That pop-up message is one of the glitches with this model, it's also happens to me on 95.0W [3744 V 2206].

It seems to happen less frequently since I did the heatsink mod and added a big cooling fan. I also tried changing the frequency number a few notches up and down but it still occurs occasionally. I'm still trying various frequencies and hope to find a solution.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)